Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the best time to go to Maui?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Villavic
How long, frequent or heavy may be rains in late november?
Let me give you the Maui weather forecast - highs around 80-high 80s, lows in the mid 60s. decent chance of rain showers in the afternoon, but they will likely clear up shortly.

That applies for every month.

YMMV, but that's going to be pretty close..
Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by edscholl
Let me give you the Maui weather forecast - highs around 80-high 80s, lows in the mid 60s. decent chance of rain showers in the afternoon, but they will likely clear up shortly.

That applies for every month.

YMMV, but that's going to be pretty close..
Ever see how close the average and record highs/lows are for Hawaiian cities throughout the year? It must have one of the narrowest temperature ranges in the world.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
To address the OP's Q (which is now 5 years old but has continuing relevance for others), I don't think minor differences in Maui's weather should play a role in the decision. Times of lousy weather in your hometown might be great for a Maui escape, though.

I'll say that it is really nice to visit Maui during off-peak times. Hotels, condos, beaches and restaurants are much less crowded. Off-peak is late August through very early January minus the Thanksgiving and late December holiday periods (which are extremely high-peak), and early January through late May, minus President's Day week and Spring Break weeks in March and April.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AY Gold, FB Gold, BT VIP
I went there a week before Christmas. Imagine a combination of hula-style Christmas songs, Santa Hawaii shirts and Christmas tree ornaments made from shells. Plus excellent local beer & cocktails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.