Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two days in Maui

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2008, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Two days in Maui

I have to go to HNL next month for work. I have booked a ticket flying into OGG and intend to spend two days getting a idea of the place for a longer trip to be taken later. I want to be able to get a sense of the real non-honeymoon Maui. I would like not to be in a city/suburb and would like to stay in one lodging for two days and come away with a knowing, in general,what Maui is all about. I'm into physical activity and natural environments. Can spend up to $350 per day on lodging.

Any ideas?
Old Mar 22, 2008, 6:01 pm

Fly into OGG, Rent a car and and drive to hana - beautiful scenery along narrow winding road. Rent a room in hana (Hana kai is right on the ocean, simple but ok lodging for a night) Next day drive back from hana, drive to Lahaina (quaint older town) and past the built up hotel area in kaanapali (might want to have lunch there) then up the coast beyond the hotel area. Then back to airport or you might be able to fly back from the small airport just past kaanapali
Old Mar 23, 2008, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're an outdoors person, be sure to stop by the Iao Valley and go to the Nature Cafe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.