An Alternative to Your Hotel's Room Service in Waikiki

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
An Alternative to Your Hotel's Room Service in Waikiki

I've had friends remark highly about this service called "Room Services in Paradise" (no affiliation whatsoever to myself). For a $6.95 delivery fee, they'll deliver to your Hotel Room from the listed restaurants on their website ( http://www.rsiponline.com ). Although none of the higher end fancy restaurants are listed (e.g., Roy's, Sam Choy's Diamond Head etc.), there are some good eats on there such as Palominos, Big City Diner.

Just a head's up if you're interested in room service, don't have a car, and don't want to pay the outrageous 25% mark-up for your hotel.

Of course, this post was thought up as I wonder what to grab for dinner...
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
Big City Diner has some of the best ribs I've ever had-with a guava barbeque sauce. Now I'm hungry!-Seriously, $6.95 service charge only is a real deal if you don't feel like schlepping out to eat. I suppose Haili'imaile General Store on the list, what not even being on Oahu and all, so no Sashi Napolean at cost plus $6.95? Guess I just gotta take that interisland flight!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 1:00 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
This is just perfect ! Thanks for posting it. Can you get from multiple places or just one? Even if you have to pay extra for multiple places I would do it.

Originally Posted by pgppetch
Seriously, $6.95 service charge only is a real deal if you don't feel like schlepping out to eat.
Or you don't want to shuffle an entire family out, ever try to please a bunch of kids who all have different tastes in what they like to eat. We like Buffet's in LAS beause they all like different things !! One of the main reasons we try to stay in a condo with a kitchen is so that we can cook all different foods for the kids.

This just seems a perfect item for our upcoming trip ^ ^
Old Feb 5, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
Ya gotta tip the delivery guy too, doncha?

DD
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by KosraeTV
Or you don't want to shuffle an entire family out, ever try to please a bunch of kids who all have different tastes in what they like to eat. We like Buffet's in LAS beause they all like different things !! One of the main reasons we try to stay in a condo with a kitchen is so that we can cook all different foods for the kids. ^ ^
Or you could tell the rugrats that you're going one place and eating, and they'll like it.

But that's just me.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:58 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Or you could tell the rugrats that you're going one place and eating, and they'll like it.

But that's just me.
Ah... but you don't know my rugrats do you, you don't know what type of punishment you would be in for if you said that.

Seriously, they are good kids but when we are on vacation I go to great extremes to make sure they all get what they want and do what they want to do.

As far as this place goes, I asked around about them, you can order from as many places as you want but you gotta pay the deliver for each order and make the minimum order for each place and the drivers expect tips. In other words, no combining orders from two places even if they are near each other.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KosraeTV
As far as this place goes, I asked around about them, you can order from as many places as you want but you gotta pay the deliver for each order and make the minimum order for each place and the drivers expect tips. In other words, no combining orders from two places even if they are near each other.
Well that's a bummer on the multiple order part.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Great news, considering I am now FIRMLY convinced there is no decent food to be found anywhere in Waikiki!!
Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by brendamc
Great news, considering I am now FIRMLY convinced there is no decent food to be found anywhere in Waikiki!!
Dear brendamc:
You just haven't dined with us; next time contact us; Mrs. kaukau and I will take you to any of a dozen restaurants in Waikiki that will please even the most refined urban palate.

kaukau
Old Feb 8, 2007, 2:40 pm

[QUOTE=kaukau;7169196]Dear brendamc:
You just haven't dined with us; next time contact us; Mrs. kaukau and I will take you to any of a dozen restaurants in Waikiki that will please even the most refined urban palate.

kaukau[/QUOTE

I was flying home as you were posting - darn! Where do you like? I seem to have horrible luck in Waikiki & great luck elsewhere in Honolulu. See my recent posts on Mitch's Sushi bar & 'HNL Notes' on Chowhound.com. Mahalo!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 3:49 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Hi, brendamc!

In Waikiki proper, not Honolulu, (and I'm impressed that you know the difference), just for starters: "Legend" on Kuhio for LIVE crab, lobster, shrimp, and fish: all swimming in huge tanks that are part of the decor (we're dining there Saturday night after Pro-Bowl), DK Kodama's Steakhouse and Sansei in the Marriott for custom-cut 28-day dry-aged ribeye, fabulous sushi and Chuck Furuya's incredible wine list, Nick's Fishmarket for seafood, the Hanohano Room for continental cuisine and a view to die for, Golden Dragon in the HHV for Imperial Beggar's Chicken (baked in clay, requires 24h advance notice, and Peking Duck, Ocean House in the Outrigger for local seafood on the beach, and don't forget the Sheraton Moana Surfrider, the Royal Hawaiian, and the Halekulani for elegant hotel dining. And that's just for starters! We love dining around Waikiki!! Hurry back, you're making me hungry!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by kaukau
Hi, brendamc!

In Waikiki proper, not Honolulu, (and I'm impressed that you know the difference), just for starters: "Legend" on Kuhio for LIVE crab, lobster, shrimp, and fish: all swimming in huge tanks that are part of the decor (we're dining there Saturday night after Pro-Bowl), DK Kodama's Steakhouse and Sansei in the Marriott for custom-cut 28-day dry-aged ribeye, fabulous sushi and Chuck Furuya's incredible wine list, Nick's Fishmarket for seafood, the Hanohano Room for continental cuisine and a view to die for, Golden Dragon in the HHV for Imperial Beggar's Chicken (baked in clay, requires 24h advance notice, and Peking Duck, Ocean House in the Outrigger for local seafood on the beach, and don't forget the Sheraton Moana Surfrider, the Royal Hawaiian, and the Halekulani for elegant hotel dining. And that's just for starters! We love dining around Waikiki!! Hurry back, you're making me hungry!
Aloha!

If you read my Chowhound reviews, you'd know that I know the difference! Really getting into checking out restaurants & stores (esp. Tamura's Wine shop) in Kaimuku now, but would prefer not to have to drive. Have never tried Legend, Golden Dragon, or Ocean House - will check them out next trip! Have been to all the others & do agree the sushi at Sansei was much better than Kapalua Sansei's sushi. (Although I like Kapalua's cooked dishes much better... and hardly anything at the Kihei branch - how can they be so different?)

Mahalo (again!)

P.S. LOVE your handle!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by DenverBrian

But that's just me.
I tell mine that if they don't like this meal, there will be another one at the next meal time that may be more to their liking.

Will be staying at the HHV Feb 24 to March 3. Looking forward to some of the suggestions here. Will have the 6 and 5 year old in tow, so probably no high end places, unless they have mac and cheese.

I'd love to use your link, slippahs, but the $6.95 delivery pales compared to the $15 internet charge at the HHV! Room service is cheaper!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
I'd love to use your link, slippahs, but the $6.95 delivery pales compared to the $15 internet charge at the HHV! Room service is cheaper!
Well it's not my link personally, so I'm not offended if anyone doesn't use it. Just thought I'd throw it out there as an alternative to room service for anyone that wants to try some other restaurants in town, but don't want to limit themselves to just the hotel's restaurants in terms of room service.

Of course, perhaps slippahs should start up his own delivery service catered exclusively to FT. I'm sure there's a decent clientèle at any given time... And, I could work for drink chits and airline club passes.

$15 for HHV internet is definitely a kicker! Why not just drive to the Apple store at Ala Moana for the free WiFi there?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by slippahs
And, I could work for drink chits and airline club passes.
Dang I just got rid of all my CO PClub passes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.