Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge options at HNL. Best, worst, suggestions, questions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Lounge options at HNL. Best, worst, suggestions, questions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2006, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

I have a couple of layovers in HNL (1 of them coming from Japan, the other going) of a few hours each coming up. Not enough time to get out of the airport, but more than enough to walk up and down the terminal. Among Northwest, Delta and Continental, which do you think is best for 2 or 3 hours? Wireless internet would be desirable.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
This subject has been covered pretty well in the past and I think a search will bring up some relevant info.

However, the Delta and Continental lounges are very nice. You'll find free WiFi with the Continental/Northwest clubs. And, the snack service is the most extensive at the Continental President Club.

Of all three, the CO PC is your best bet--however, their hours are quirky, so double check on the website that they'll be open when you'll be there.

Other than that, the UA RCC has very nice view of the tarmac.

Last edited by slippahs; Mar 23, 2006 at 12:38 pm
Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I liked the CO PC at HNL , comy, cool, lots of seats, good range of snacks ( for a US airline club) and free drinks.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:42 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nishimark
...Wireless internet would be desirable.
Slightly OT: If you're in the interisland terminal without the time or inclination to hike back to the CO or NW club, you can easily get the free wifi from the Aloha Airlines Ali`i Club in the big seating area adjacent (and even at the Starbucks).
Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Thanks for the replies. For some reason, forum search is not working for me.

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Slightly OT: If you're in the interisland terminal without the time or inclination to hike back to the CO or NW club, you can easily get the free wifi from the Aloha Airlines Ali`i Club in the big seating area adjacent (and even at the Starbucks).
I've also been able to get a wifi connection outside of the United Club on the floor above gate 9(?). I had to sit on the floor outside of the door, but hardly anyone was around. This time I'm carrying Asian Gold status for WorldPerks, so I can go inside one of these clubs and be comfortable!
Old Mar 23, 2006, 9:25 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nishimark
....I've also been able to get a wifi connection outside of the United Club on the floor above gate 9(?). I had to sit on the floor outside of the door, but hardly anyone was around.....
True

But it's T-mobile and the AQ lounge one is free.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cblaisd
True

But it's T-mobile and the AQ lounge one is free.
Just as a side, there's still a promo running where T-mobile cell subscribers can receive free Wifi at any T-mobile hotspots on the weekend. A search on FT will bring up more info.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:20 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Best Lounge at HNL?

I'm heading to Hawaii for a short trip next weekend as a surprise for the significant other. We will fly on NWA...and I am a member of the CO Presidents Club and the AA Admirals Club. What is the most impressive lounge at HNL?
Old Nov 2, 2006, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I'm heading to Hawaii for a short trip next weekend as a surprise for the significant other. We will fly on NWA...and I am a member of the CO Presidents Club and the AA Admirals Club. What is the most impressive lounge at HNL?
(1) Let me guide you to SchmutzigMSP's Guide to Skyteam Lounges in HNL that will help you compare DL/NW/CO lounges. IMHO, CO has the best lounge out of the three of them (this is where I and SchmutzigMSP differ) because it offers free Wifi and has the best snacks.

(2) AA's lounge is shared with Qantas and although it has shower facilities, it is rather far from any of AA's gates. Unless you really need to use a shower, I'd suggest sticking with either the DL or CO lounge.

FWIW, all the lounge attendants at any of these clubs in HNL have great attitudes and are always willing to help.

And, if you do have issues with your NW tickets, be sure to stop by the HNL WC to get the issue resolved by the WC ladies. They are the best in the system!
Old Nov 5, 2006, 4:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I second Slippah's comments about the NW club. The ladies there are the best. My WC membership is worth it just to use that club. Just wish it was a tad bit bigger and had its own bathroom. Small inconveniences. By the way, their new coffee machine is brand new and worth trying it out.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 4:46 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
As mentioned AA is actually share with QF and at gate26.

CO is at Gate 13, DL is Garden Level and NW is Gate 13.

http://www.honoluluairport.com/

A great deal depends on where your flight leaves from (check online for that info) .. I would probably head to the one closet to the departing gate (tho also prefer the Garden level where AA used to have their club).
Old Mar 9, 2008, 12:13 am

Best lounge in HNL for Priority Pass member

Will be in HNL for a couple of hours on layover. Have a priority pass membership and wanted to know which lounge there is the nicest (will be traveling with family)?: Delta Crown Room, Continental Pres. Club, NW Worldclub, or United Red Carpet , or the Iass Hawaii Lounge.

Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by kishna
Will be in HNL for a couple of hours on layover. Have a priority pass membership and wanted to know which lounge there is the nicest (will be traveling with family)?: Delta Crown Room, Continental Pres. Club, NW Worldclub, or United Red Carpet , or the Iass Hawaii Lounge.

Thanks.
Don't know about the Iass lounge, but of the other choices I'd recommend the Prez Club.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
I have been to the Delta Crown Room, Northwest WorldClub and Continental President's Club. Of those, the Delta Crown Room is my favorite by a long margin -- by far the nicest atmosphere (down in the garden), and their drink selection is the best (including beer from the Kona Brewing Company). The WorldClub is pretty cramped, and the President's Club is somewhere in the middle -- not too bad, but nothing special IMHO.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by MarqFlyer
I have been to the Delta Crown Room, Northwest WorldClub and Continental President's Club. Of those, the Delta Crown Room is my favorite by a long margin -- by far the nicest atmosphere (down in the garden), and their drink selection is the best (including beer from the Kona Brewing Company). The WorldClub is pretty cramped, and the President's Club is somewhere in the middle -- not too bad, but nothing special IMHO.
thanks, people! love ft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.