Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge options at HNL. Best, worst, suggestions, questions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Lounge options at HNL. Best, worst, suggestions, questions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by entropy
If you're on a UA flight, AX won't get you into the other clubs, you need a same-day ticket.
Yes. You need departing boarding pass on lounge's metal to use AMEX. The
UC Club has better view anyway...
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The Sakura Lounge has serve yourself booze and some (bad) soup, but the lounge is super bright with floresant lights and really ugly. UA Club is a bit pokey, but it certainly has charm. Much nicer place to hang out.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Yes. You need departing boarding pass on lounge's metal to use AMEX. The
UC Club has better view anyway...
Thanks for the reminder, been quite a while since I have used the AMEX for entry and I forgot. Guess it's United!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:06 pm

Which is the best lounge to access at HNL

Hi all.

I will be flying business class from Honolulu to Auckland. I also have Priority Pass Membership. Which of the lounges that I can access would be the best. Through Priority Pass I think I can access AA Admirals Club, IASS Hawaii Lounge and United Club Lounge. Are any of these better than the NZ lounge?

Cheers
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Shaz88
Hi all.

I will be flying business class from Honolulu to Auckland. I also have Priority Pass Membership. Which of the lounges that I can access would be the best. Through Priority Pass I think I can access AA Admirals Club, IASS Hawaii Lounge and United Club Lounge. Are any of these better than the NZ lounge?

Cheers
The only two HNL lounges of that group I've been to are the IASS and AA Admirals Club and I'd say hands down the Admirals Club is better.

The IASS was pretty grim and bare as if it were a multi-purpose room quickly set up the night before to look "loungy". I read they only allow one free soft drink. The Admiral's Club is more spacious, airy, free soft drinks and booze (the self service booze is hard to find but it's there) and some free carb refreshments. Not the most beautiful decor, but nicer than the public areas and certainly nicer than the IASS.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:21 pm

HNL airport lounges

1. which airline club lounges at HNL will allow you to buy a day pass even if you are NOT flying on that airline?

2. how much is the day pass?

3. which airline club that allows such a day pass is best and why?

thanks! soon i have 4 hours to kill in HNL!
cb
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:31 pm
RNE

This is our first time at the UC at HNL. Much nicer than I expected given some reviews I read. The bar itself is way too small. Not even half a dozen seats. This a "club," isn't it? Still, it's nice enough—for a UC. The main drawback is the long walk to it. We're not flying UA today, but instead flying HA to OGG. It departs from Gate 50. That's way far away!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RNE
This is our first time at the UC at HNL. Much nicer than I expected given some reviews I read. The bar itself is way too small. Not even half a dozen seats. This a "club," isn't it? Still, it's nice enough—for a UC. The main drawback is the long walk to it. We're not flying UA today, but instead flying HA to OGG. It departs from Gate 50. That's way far away!
I would've paid for the beer closer to my gate or hung out in the gardens. Not worth the walk IMO.

As for accessing the Sakura/AA club, if you have an AmEx Platinum card then the Priority Pass Select which comes with that will get you in, regardless of airline you're flying.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:04 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...lidated+lounge
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sbm12
I would've paid for the beer closer to my gate or hung out in the gardens. Not worth the walk IMO.
I love the gardens at HNL!

HNL UC is reasonably well situated for most United flights. Which makes sense to me
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by Kacee
I love the gardens at HNL!

HNL UC is reasonably well situated for most United flights. Which makes sense to me
Love the tarmac views and the close ups you get of the heavies right below the club. That's worth the walk for me sometimes when flying interisland on Hawaiian. Can also hop on the (not so) WikiWiki bus if you don't feel like walking. Also Hawaiian's terminal can be a zoo sometimes. Depending on the time of day, it can be much less hectic to pass security by the UA counters, stroll to the UC, then stroll on over to the HA gates.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:27 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I'll move this to the Hawaii forum so it can be joined with the thread provided above.

l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:46 pm
RNE

Agreed. But we had to see it at least once.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As for accessing the Sakura/AA club, if you have an AmEx Platinum card then the Priority Pass Select which comes with that will get you in, regardless of airline you're flying.
Is this no longer the case? When I look at the Priority Pass website, it seems like you're restricted to the IASS lounge -- which seems to have a reputation as one of the worst lounges in the world.

I'm flying Hawaiian from the mainland and then connecting at HNL. Other than my AMEX Plat card and the Priority Pass card they issued me, I have Star Alliance gold status through Turkish -- I don't think that card will help me in this situation.

If we get hungry, are there any affordable quick and tasty eats in the HNL airport these days? It doesn't sound like there's any food at the IASS lounge.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by iahphx
Is this no longer the case? When I look at the Priority Pass website, it seems like you're restricted to the IASS lounge -- which seems to have a reputation as one of the worst lounges in the world.

I'm flying Hawaiian from the mainland and then connecting at HNL. Other than my AMEX Plat card and the Priority Pass card they issued me, I have Star Alliance gold status through Turkish -- I don't think that card will help me in this situation.

If we get hungry, are there any affordable quick and tasty eats in the HNL airport these days? It doesn't sound like there's any food at the IASS lounge.
The Kona Brewing Company restaurant is decent, and if you're a carnivore then the prime rib plate from Lahaina Chicken is probably one of the best airport food deals ever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.