Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge options at HNL. Best, worst, suggestions, questions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Lounge options at HNL. Best, worst, suggestions, questions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:47 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue the discussion in the Hawaii forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by MarqFlyer
I have been to the Delta Crown Room, Northwest WorldClub and Continental President's Club. Of those, the Delta Crown Room is my favorite by a long margin -- by far the nicest atmosphere (down in the garden), and their drink selection is the best (including beer from the Kona Brewing Company). The WorldClub is pretty cramped, and the President's Club is somewhere in the middle -- not too bad, but nothing special IMHO.
While the Delta CRC is nice, remember that it does not offer free Wifi to all members as does the CO PC and NW WC. Also, I'm of the opinion that the CO PC has a better snack selection during the afternoon, including fresh fruits and sometimes papaya.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by slippahs
While the Delta CRC is nice, remember that it does not offer free Wifi to all members as does the CO PC and NW WC. Also, I'm of the opinion that the CO PC has a better snack selection during the afternoon, including fresh fruits and sometimes papaya.
Just an update, the Delta CRC in HNL is closing as of May.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Five Star
I've been in all but the Delta Club. The one I would not use is the Red Carpet Club. Either of the others are better.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
I've been in the CRC, PC, and WC.

The PC is best overall for atmosphere, wi-fi, and snacks.

If you dont need wi-fi the I suppose that the CRC has the edge because of the open bar, although the CRC dragons got downright hostile when I left my guests in there for a few minutes without me.

Avoid the WC.

Why is the CRC closing?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Why is the CRC closing?
Your guess is as good as mine. There's a comprehensive thread on the Delta forum about several CRC closures. I believe it was attributed to $, but why would they close down a CRC that was so popular and heavily used is anyone's guess.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 8:02 pm

Programs: Scorched earth and base metal in everything these days
Thumbs up Another vote for the CRC.

I'm a PP holder as well, and even when I flying out from HNL (my home airport), I like to use CRC for it's peaceful surroundings and the free drinks.

It is a little out of the way, tho.

If you like to be near the gates, then the President's Club may be a better bet.
But you don't mention what airline, so it's tough to judge what is or isn't close.......

Good luck.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 1:22 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I've been in the CRC, PC, and WC.

The PC is best overall for atmosphere, wi-fi, and snacks.

If you dont need wi-fi the I suppose that the CRC has the edge because of the open bar, although the CRC dragons got downright hostile when I left my guests in there for a few minutes without me.

Avoid the WC.

Why is the CRC closing?
Why avoid the WC? The staff is among the best in the system, IMHO. It's old and outdated, but has a free open bar (self pour), and a nice staff. I really like it there!
Old Mar 18, 2008, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by james318
Why avoid the WC? The staff is among the best in the system, IMHO. It's old and outdated, but has a free open bar (self pour), and a nice staff. I really like it there!
IMHO, if you threw the WC staff, PC snacks, and WC/PC Wifi into the DL CRC, you'd have the perfect club!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:43 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
IMHO, if you threw the WC staff, PC snacks, and WC/PC Wifi into the DL CRC, you'd have the perfect club!
Agreed. As long as the bar is still self-pour.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by james318
What's the advantage of the WC over the CRC or PC?

The CRC is much more aesthetically pleasing and has self-serve drinks, and if wi-fi is critical then the PC beats the WC.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: SQ - Gold; HHonors - Silver
Best lounge at HNL for Priority Pass

Hi all,

I'm a Priority Pass member and will be flying through Honolulu in a couple of weeks. I was wondering what people would consider to be the "best" airline lounge at HNL that's accessible to PP members. In particular, I can access the Northwest WC, United RCC, American AC, Continental PC, and the IASS Hawaii lounge (but I think this might be closed during the times I'm there).

I'm flying to/from the mainland on United and then connecting to Hawaiian for an inter-island flight. I've got about 3 hours in each direction. I'm traveling with my wife and our 5 month old daughter so peace and quiet are probably more important than free drinks!

Any opinions on where to spend the time? First thought was that the RCC makes sense since I'm flying in/out on United. However, if one of the other lounges is "better", then we're not averse to a little walk before or after the long flight.

Thanks very much and Aloha!
B
Old Dec 1, 2008, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

This link might help with the CO/NW comparison: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=worldclub+hnl

Also if you're looking for a shower, AA is the lounge to be at.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:04 am

Programs: SQ - Gold; HHonors - Silver
This link might help with the CO/NW comparison: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=worldclub+hnl

Also if you're looking for a shower, AA is the lounge to be at.
Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen that review before. Looks like the lack of a restroom in the WC definitely knocks them out of contention for me.

The shower at the AA lounge sounds like a nice plus, so I'll definitely have to keep that in mind.

Thanks again,
B
Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:29 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
If you use the AA lounge outbound, just be sure to add a conservative 20 minutes for your walk time from the lounge to the UA gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.