Search

Consolidated "Honeymoon in Hawaii" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2003, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond. CO Gold
Consolidated "Honeymoon in Hawaii" thread

Hello all,
I have searched and have not found an answer that I was satisfied with. I will be staying at the Hilton Waikoloa Village in March for my honeymoon. What I am looking for are trip reports specifically during the month of March on the Big Island.
For those of you that have been to this property for a honeymoon are there any perks/benefits you received during your honeymoon stay.
What about the most romantic tower/rooms/restaurants?
I realize this question covers a lot, but any help would be appreciated.
Thank You
Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Have you looked at the FT Miles forums? Scroll down and you will see forums dedicated to hotels; e.g. Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, etc. These hotel forums are an endless resource for information re: specific hotels. Suggest going to the Hilton Forum under the umbrella of FT Miles.
Good luck and congratulations on your marriage.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond. CO Gold
I actually first posted this in the Hilton forum, but wanted to also post here for any additional information. Thanks for the congrats.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Although I can't say I have any honeymoon expertise on the HWV... here is a general site that will offer feedback on the hotel:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ii_Hawaii.html

Also, since your questions are somewhat specific, I suggest calling the hotel to find out more (1-808-886-1234).

The month of March will probably not be any different from any other spring month on the Kohala Coastline. You might get a few more sprinkles on the Kona side of the Big Island, but not much to put a damper on your vacation.

Hope this helps (p.s. try doing a search on the Hilton board for more info)

and Congratulations!
Old Oct 28, 2003, 11:59 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lsunola:
Any Pointers? </font>
Well, you see.... When a man and a woman love each other very much, then....

Old Nov 1, 2003, 8:05 am

We enjoy Brown's Beach House at the Orchid hotel down the road for a romantic dinner. Yes, there are fancier spots, but the ambience and food are really to our liking. Have a great time!
Old Jan 16, 2004, 11:58 am

Programs: AA, Hilton
Hawaii Honeymoon ideas/plans

In May, we will wed and travel to HI for the honeymoon.

We will spend 1 week in Maui, then 1-2 days in HNL, then 1 week in the Hyatt Regency in Kauai.

We are thinking of substituting the days in HNL for days on the BIg Island as well, in order to see the volcano active. Is it worth it for only a 1-2 days? Or should we jsut stick with HNL and Pearl harbor as planned?

We are currently doing our homework on how to travel from Island to Island.

We may use AA miles and CO miles for a flight from OGG-HNL-LIH with HNL as the stopover.

OR we may travel FC on an AA Award. So I am trying to think, perhaps for the westward trip, we can fly New York to HNL with a 1 week stopover in OGG?

-then pay our one way tickets to go from HNL to LIH,

then finally, for eastward trip, fly the return portion of our AA FC award ticket to NYC.

Is this possible?
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
You do already have these tickets booked right?????
Old Jan 16, 2004, 1:21 pm

Oh, no, I didn't book the tickets yet. I am still trying to figure what my best options are.

ONce I get your feedback, I will book tickets based on that.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 1:44 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
the phoenix: I think what bigjim's trying to tell you is that getting award tickets isn't always easy. Flexibility is the key word. You would be wise to call your airline and find out what's available during your desired dates and within a few days of that if possible. First find out if you have options and what they are. Good luck!

BTW ... whatever you come up with HNL vs the Big Island you're unlikely to be disappointed so I wouldn't stress much if you don't get exactly what you hoped for.

[This message has been edited by letiole (edited Jan 16, 2004).]
Old Jan 16, 2004, 4:11 pm

Oh, shoot, I didn't realize! I called and found that an interisland stopover is not possible. So I have to use an inter island award.

BUt I will HAUL ... this weekend and attempt to get those tickets booked ASAP! the dates are for May. I though we had time!
Old Jan 16, 2004, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by the phoenix:
We will spend 1 week in Maui, then 1-2 days in HNL, then 1 week in the Hyatt Regency in Kauai. </font>
FF availability to Hawaii is tough, but May might be OK, especiallt in F. You may have to rearrange the order of your stays to fit flight availability.

And you are correct, no interisland stopover on AA because AA does not fly interisland (but you can do an open jaw in the islands).

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited Jan 16, 2004).]
Old Jan 17, 2004, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by the phoenix:
I though we had time!</font>
Time is always of the essence when dealing with booking trips to/within Hawai'i.

aloha and Good luck!
Old Jan 18, 2004, 9:08 am

thanks for hte prodding everyone.

we called last night.

we really wanted to travel the day after the wedding and only COACH was open,

so then we opted for the NEXT day out and we booked the following availability:

JFK-LAX, Flt.3 is Business class on a 762
LAX-OGG, Flt.161 is First on a 763

LIH-LAX, Flt.286 is First on 757
LAX-JFK Flt.34 is Business on 762

How is Business Vs FC on these flights?

We also booked NYC-HNL flights as an alternative and have a tough decision. The latter option gives us first calss all the way though BUT we'd have to leave at 6:30 AM the day after the wedding. YEECH!

The First option we get the mix of BC and FC but have to leave 2 days after the wedding. I think the first option looks better.

So how are FC and BC compared to each other on those flights? Am I stressing over minor issues?

THank, Phoenix
Old Jan 18, 2004, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The latter option gives us first calss all the way though BUT we'd have to leave at 6:30 AM the day after the wedding. YEECH!

The First option we get the mix of BC and FC but have to leave 2 days after the wedding. I think the first option looks better.
</font>
I see that your first option gets you into Kahului, Maui (OGG) after 8:30 p.m. Consider having to drive in the dark in Maui to your hotel (although it's not that difficult) and then almost losing out on an entire day in Hawai'i. I'd rather take an earlier flight to

Just something to consider.

aloha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.