Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass Lounge in HNL (Plumeria Lounge in the Interisland Terminal)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass Lounge in HNL (Plumeria Lounge in the Interisland Terminal)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by cosmith
Is it possible to go through security at the inter island terminal for a non-Hawaiian mainland flight, use the Plumeria lounge, then walk to the main terminal? Also, if I have Priority Access, will I be able to use the Priority line at the inter island terminal? Thanks
Originally Posted by slippahs
the priority lane is signed for Hawaiian Air Pualani elite and Premier Club members. I doubt you'll get access with United Premier Access but that always depends on whose manning the line.
I guess that cosmith needs to determine if he is checking luggage for his non-HA flight. If so, do that in the International terminal and walk airside to HA's Plumeria lounge. Does "Priority Access" mean "Precheck?" If so, there are Precheck lines at the HA terminal.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:26 am

Thanks for the replies! Next time I'm flying out from the main terminal without bags to check I'll go through security at the inerisland terminal.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:43 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We used the lounge this morning before our 1030 flight to LIH. We arrived around 0930 and there were about six other people in the lounge. No issues at all using our PP membership to enter.

For those not familiar with the terminal, if you are entering from curbside, when you clear TSA security, head right and take the escalator or elevators across from Gate 59 up to the third floor. If you are arriving gateside via the WikiWiki bus, it's at the same level.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
No issues at all using our PP membership to enter.
I used the lounge a few weeks ago around 1:00 PM. No problems accessing it. Less crowded than the downstairs HA lounge. A definite benefit of the PPass.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:36 pm

Overheard the "dragon" tell a guest that as of March 1st, the lounge only allows outbound pax (need valid boarding pass + PP card).

I later confirmed with the "dragon" that it's a Hawaiian policy, not the card's.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hi-guy
Overheard the "dragon" tell a guest that as of March 1st, the lounge only allows outbound pax (need valid boarding pass + PP card).

I later confirmed with the "dragon" that it's a Hawaiian policy, not the card's.
That is curious. They get the same fee from PP regardless, and inbound passengers are likely to stay for a much shorter period of time.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I stopped in around 1:00 a couple of weeks ago before an interisland flight. It's perfectly fine, and would be a nice improvement over the basic lounge downstairs if you were going to be waiting for a while, but for a 15 minute coffee stop, the additional hassle of processing the priority pass didn't really strike me as worthwhile. Furniture and general ambience are similar, and the downstairs lounge is never so crowded that you can't find a seat, so it's really only worth doing if you're going to be there long enough to take advantage of the food, beer, and wine.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
We used the lounge this morning before our 1030 flight to LIH. We arrived around 0930 and there were about six other people in the lounge. No issues at all using our PP membership to enter.

For those not familiar with the terminal, if you are entering from curbside, when you clear TSA security, head right and take the escalator or elevators across from Gate 59 up to the third floor. If you are arriving gateside via the WikiWiki bus, it's at the same level.
Nice to see a new PP lounge in the interisland terminal.

I've got a mid-morning interisland flight with the family coming up, and we'll certainly try the lounge. Can anyone tell me if there's any food there in the morning? We don't get breakfast at our hotel that morning, and if we can just grab a reasonable snack at the lounge, that would save some time and money and hold us until lunch.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iahphx
Nice to see a new PP lounge in the interisland terminal.

I've got a mid-morning interisland flight with the family coming up, and we'll certainly try the lounge. Can anyone tell me if there's any food there in the morning? We don't get breakfast at our hotel that morning, and if we can just grab a reasonable snack at the lounge, that would save some time and money and hold us until lunch.
Never been there at that time, but at the very least, there should be granola bars, ramen and candy. Probably finger sandwiches.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:25 am

I don't recall exactly what they had other than the instant ramen, but that sounds about right; there definitely was snack food in the morning.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:59 pm

I can't comment on the early morning food as well, but the meatballs and sandwiches were out by 11am the last time I visited.

Does anyone have any idea on their "smart casual dress at all times" enforcement? I've gone in with polo/jeans/shoes/sometimes blazer every time I've gone so far. However, being Hawaii, do like to travel in surf shorts/tshirt/slippers from time to time.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Since I have a choice, is a PP lounge better than the UA Lounge?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Since I have a choice, is a PP lounge better than the UA Lounge?
The one big drawback for the Plumeria lounge is that it is staffed by one attendant. I've been there several times when this causes delays as the attendant processes the PP hardholders. One does not experience these delays at UA Club. Also, new Plumeria policy is no PP holders post-flights.

All-in-all, the HA lounge is not worth the effort if you are flying out on UA. UA is not worth effort if you are flying out on HA.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:09 pm

UA Club is nicer than the Plumeria Lounge (PP) which is nicer than the IASS Lounge (PP).
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Thanks Guys. That's what I suspected. I was in the Plumeria lounge once, and was fairly underwhelmed.

I really wish they would put the UA Club back near gate 13 (the old CO club). It was so convenient there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.