CAUTION - October 2015 Security Lines at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
CAUTION - October 2015 Security Lines at HNL

Due to the closure of the newly refurbished security checkpoint now enclosed for air conditioning (something about leaks?), HNL has been a madhouse lately. I've been through twice in the last week. On one day, no precheck lanes were open at the overseas terminal since the newly enclosed checkpoint is normally where they have the Precheck lanes. On another, the Precheck lane was back at the original spot between the UA and DL checkpoints.

Just went through the HNL inter island Precheck. It's still open in the same place. Although managed inclusion by the TSA was supposed to end last month, there are still folks in line who nothing about trusted traveler numbers. All lines were long, but that's normally right around lunchtime before the mainland bank of flights.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:23 am

Glad to hear about the air conditioning having been installed. It will be much better for Mrs. Ken's asthma next February. Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere

I went through on Monday night and the place was nearly empty. I was on the UA side. I had pre check, but it wouldn't have mattered. The other lines were pretty short.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.