Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General strategy - luxury hotel Kaua'i award booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:09 am
Original Poster

I'd call myself pretty knowledgeable when it comes to award booking for flights but i've no idea when it comes to hotels.

I want to stay at luxury hotel when i'm in Kaua'i and was looking at the Grand Hyatt. I see chase has an offer for 2 nights free if I signup for their credit card x 2 (once for me and wife) can I use the points there and use the nights in a row? Dates 5/30 - 6/2 2016.

I've read the T+c's of the credit card and it doesn't say i can't use at this hotel. But I also can't check availability at the moment without being a member.

Any other tips for luxury hotel redemption in Kaua'i? What other hotels and plans should I be looking at?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC *P

Read the forum sticky?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Yes, you can book 4 Hyatt nights in a row. Well documented on the Hyatt forum.

As far as luxury hotels on Kauai you might check tripadvisor and our own Luxury Hotels forum. Princeville has a very nice property and there is a Wyndham property in Poipu area.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:15 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
If your definition of "luxury" is 5-star, then GHK will probably fall short. It's 4.5-star at best, IMO.

Also, to use the free credit card nights, award nights must be available for the nights you are booking. You can check that on the Hyatt website.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The Hyatt isn't 5*. The St. Regis in Princeville, I believe, is.

If you go to Maui or the Big Island, you'll find Four Seasons & Ritz there.

Hyatt, while a beautiful hotel, isn't considered luxury.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by EWRMAN
I'd call myself pretty knowledgeable when it comes to award booking for flights but i've no idea when it comes to hotels.

I want to stay at luxury hotel when i'm in Kaua'i and was looking at the Grand Hyatt. I see chase has an offer for 2 nights free if I signup for their credit card x 2 (once for me and wife) can I use the points there and use the nights in a row? Dates 5/30 - 6/2 2016.

I've read the T+c's of the credit card and it doesn't say i can't use at this hotel. But I also can't check availability at the moment without being a member.

Any other tips for luxury hotel redemption in Kaua'i? What other hotels and plans should I be looking at?
I have taken advantage of the Hyatt card offer a few times. You can book two nights under your name and two under your wife's and then call and have the reservations combined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.