Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Is it safe to travel to Hawaii after the hurricane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Have a vacation scheduled soon to sohu and big island "assuming the hurricanes are over" (?), will it be safe to travel within such a short time? will the tourist places be affected so bad that it will not recover so quickly? will there be possible other side effect left behind that I need to worry?

Sign, it is the first vacation to hawaii and never deal with hurricane before

Last edited by susieling; Aug 11, 2014 at 3:26 pm
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Silver, SPG Preferred Plus
I live on Oahu. Oahu was spared the worst of the storm and is totally fine.

What were your plans on the Big Island? Parts of it, especially on the east side, got whacked pretty hard and certain parts (mainly in Puna) remain without power. You might want to check with your hotel/etc. to see if they are operational if you had plans on that side of the island.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:13 pm

Usually for me, the biggest problem on any tropical places after a storm is the increase amount of mosquitoes. I am like a all you can eat buffet; my wife says that I am the best insect repellant for her because when I am around, she never got bitten.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.