Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lodge at Koele with Baby

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Cool Lodge at Koele with Baby

Flying to Hawaii at the end of October/beginning of November and planning on going to Maui and Lana'i by boat to stay at the Lodge at Koele. Thought this would be a relaxing, intimate, quiet location. But should we be staying at Manele? Or avoiding Lana'i all together? (Alternative might be to go to Kauai for the whole time, but this seemed like a more active trip we might want to save until our daughter is older). Thanks much!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:02 pm

A year and a half ago, we traveled to Lanai and stayed at the Lodge. Our son was six months old at the time. Everything was perfect. The crib set up in the room came decorated with our baby's name spelled out in bath sponges, and a full array of baby bath products. The Lodge is definitely the more serene of the two properties -- quite frankly unlike anything else you're likely to encounter in Hawaii. Manele is a more typical large beach resort. Of course, there are regular shuttles between the properties, so you'll have full access to the Manele and its amenities.

Of course, Lanai has the possibility of being an activity-filled destination which may not suit those traveling with a baby. But if you are planning a quiet, relaxing vacation, I think the Lodge is a perfect choice.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Hi wanderingtravellingsinger, is it possible to combine the 2? i know for some dates they offer 3 nights for the price of 2 so maybe you could try 3 in one 3 in the other. Both are lovely.

I cant comment on the rooms at the Lodge but the service and atmosphere are second to none (and they have free cream teas!).

There is a shuttle going between the 2 hotels which is free so you can easily pop down to the Bay for an evenings dining or a day at the beach (and the beach is AWSOME and empty!).

I think the bay is a better choice overall as its nice to be by the beach BUT would i spend $100+ more a night to stay there- NO i dont think so. Actually i have just posted a Lanai overview on my blog (see my signature below) and i am doing a comparison between the hotels and a further review later this week also on my blog.

I will also post highlights on flyertalk, but i'm havent yet managed to post photos on flyertalk as i am not very technical!

Last edited by CanfordCliffs; Aug 19, 2014 at 5:51 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.