Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When are you in Hawaii ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

When are you in Hawaii ?

I'm gonna be in Maui soon. Flying SJU-MIA-LAX-OGG on 15/04, flying back to SJU on 23/04. Any of you guys in there around the same dates ? Ideally I'm looking at sharing a hotel room, 200$/night is a bit pricey for my budget.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Are you there for the whole week? It may be you've got a date issue, try splitting your stay into 2 halves, you should get nearer to $100 a night. You need to get rid of the Easter vacation mob, which is pushing prices up towards the end of your stay.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
There do seem to be a lot of us heading to Hawaii over the next few weeks
Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
http://alohacampers.com/?gclid=COz9s...FWjKtAod8DgA0g
Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

airbnb.com can be quite good if you are on a budget. No cleaning for a week but you can get some good deals on entire apartments.

A friend of mine went to a conference last year; all the hotels in the town were taken. He rented a houseboat on airbnb.com instead. By all accounts he was quite happy with the result.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
I'm in Hawaii now. Had a lovely drive yesterday

Old Apr 5, 2014, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Rent a condo:

http://www.vrbo.com/
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
As it is my first trip since Mr Pinkcat passed away, I have booked sightseeing tours for all 3 days I am there so I am not spending time alone, waterfalls and macadamia nuts, coffee, pineapples, beaches, birds, turtles and other stuff
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Antony - If you're just looking for a random person on the internet to share a room with, craigslist will be your best bet.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:37 pm

Pinkcat - I am so sorry for your recent loss.

I cannot think of a place on this planet that I would rather visit after losing someone very close to me. I'm not particularly spiritual, but I find Hawaii - real Hawaii, away from the big resorts and hotels - a very affirming place. There's something very special about those islands. I hope very much that you find the magic there too.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Pinkcat - I am so sorry for your recent loss.

I cannot think of a place on this planet that I would rather visit after losing someone very close to me. I'm not particularly spiritual, but I find Hawaii - real Hawaii, away from the big resorts and hotels - a very affirming place. There's something very special about those islands. I hope very much that you find the magic there too.
+1
Never been to Hawaii but must be special. All the best Pinkcat
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA/AA/UA
Can someone tell me how to get to Hawaii from North America on a sleeping (overnight) flight? I realise that it's sort of going the wrong way (with the sun) but can't I get something like a nonstop IAD-HNL departing around 10pm on some kind of plane that goes very slowly and has Club World flat beds?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by China Clipper
Can someone tell me how to get to Hawaii from North America on a sleeping (overnight) flight? I realise that it's sort of going the wrong way (with the sun) but can't I get something like a nonstop IAD-HNL departing around 10pm on some kind of plane that goes very slowly and has Club World flat beds?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:39 pm

Oh yeah that
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:42 pm

Since I started sleeping on flights (i.e. enjoying flat beds), many of them aren't long enough anymore (the flights, not the beds). I find myself doglegging all over the place in order to get a longer flight and a good night's sleep. Probably not 'third-world problems' category

But JFK-HNL nonstop is about 11 hrs and that's way too long to stay awake on a plane, even if inebriated, and it's really a bit early in the day (on that flight) to be inebriated anyway. Or perhaps I'm very old-fashioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.