Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

How about room choices in Kona: Hilton Waikoloa Village & Waikoloa Beach Marriott?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about room choices in Kona: Hilton Waikoloa Village & Waikoloa Beach Marriott?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Definitely keeping the Andaz and will make a very specific room request based on the help I've received here. Will also be staying on the Big Island of Hawaii at the following two properties, both on the Kohala Coast and close to each other:

* Hilton Waikoloa Village
* Waikoloa Beach Marriott

Given my objectives of wanting a quiet room (wife and I are very light sleepers), an unobstructed ocean view, King bed, high floor, etc. What floors or parts of these two properties would you recommend? Which parts should I avoid re: kids and any kind of noise (be it restaurant / bar music, whatever)?

I'm Gold with Hilton and probably only Silver with Marriott. However, it's a birthday trip (mine). Staying on free night certs (Hilton) and points (Marriott). So I suspect I'll only get Standard rooms unless I ask nicely and with a good deal of specificity.

The Hilton Waikoloa Village in particular looks huge--has a monorail to take you through the property (?!?). So would appreciate room request suggestions.

Also, any thoughts on the parking situation at both of these properties and proximity to good but inexpensive restaurants? Will have another car rental on the Big Island. Again, I avoid valet parking where possible and prefer to self park (cheaper). I see both have those dreaded Resort Fees--may pay for with my Barclay's Arrival--not sure yet.

Finally, have any staff members at either property given you exceptional service? Anyone in particular I should email with my room request(s), e.g. a General Manager, concierge, etc? Who at those properties could best help?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:52 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Each of these properties has an extensive thread in the HHonors forum and Marriott forum.

Please take a look there and post hotel-specific questions there.

Mahalo,

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Hawaii forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.