Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Any "Real" discounts for oahu activities?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2012, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:

I am going to Oahu next March/April as a gift for my 11 year old granddaughter. I have planned to do the Ambassador level day at the PCC, the dolphin encounter at sea life park: Luau: couple of evening shows; Parasailing, and tons of other things. Some of these are really expensive. Many sites say their activities are discounted but it doesn't appear to be so.
Anyone know of a booking place that really is discounted on major activities on the island?
Old May 15, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
I have had success finding Groupons for activities on Oahu - tours, sunset sails, dining, etc. You can subscribe to the Honolulu Groupon email at www.groupon.com. It means you have to read the email every day, but every so often they offer something I am interested in. Be sure to read the fine print before purchasing to make sure it will fit your needs.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think you may be looking a bit too early.

There are some real discounts to be had, and you'll find them in the "This Week" magazine you can pick up at the airport.

While I haven't purchased it in a while, the entertainment book for Hawaii can offer some very nice discounts for activities and food for some popular tourist attractions.

I would just sit tight, look to see what you might like to do, and wait until it's a little closer to your trip.
Old May 16, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I think you may be looking a bit too early.

There are some real discounts to be had, and you'll find them in the "This Week" magazine you can pick up at the airport.
+1 Good advice. We don't use coupons much, but close friends who also travel to Oahu often are masters at "coupon clipping" and use them a lot. There seem to be lots of discounts available for everything - on line, coupon books, magazines at the hotel/resort, on the street, etc. Especially if you don't mind some spur of the moment planning and are flexible with your schedule.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:
Many years ago we took the entertainment book to oahu and we saved a bundle. Especially eating in the nicer restaurants--Nick's Fishmarket (since deceased), matteo's, and lots of others.
However in recent years I find the book doesn't have much, even here in NY it has become obsolete.
I will, however, look for those other magazines and brochures. Thanks for the advice.
Old May 17, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i'm somewhat a exp on coupons..and i live in HI....

sounds like your doing the touristy stuff...just read up upon it..on the internet and i'm sure you can find some deals...are you trying to save cash? cuz it doesn't sound like it?

Do you have a entertainment book? if not..i think they are cheap right now..for like 12$(not shipped)..but i heard it takes long time to actually receive the books if ordered online

if u have a entertainment book where your at..i'm pretty sure you can just change your city online and print and view certain coupons...(one of them being pcc)...if not u can order the book or just look on craiglist in honolulu and just buy it from someone..i'm sure its cheap...

other places you can look for deals in general.

-Isle discount card--i think they are giving it away free in certain hotels..otherwise its 30$...mostly restaurant discounts in oahu/maui
-ecouponshawaii.com--limited for tourist..but you might find some deals...
-laohana.com
Old May 17, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
How does the Go Oahu Card rate as a discount tool?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.