Search

Great HA deals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2008, 8:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Great HA deals

I really cant spare the time, but I also couldn't bypass the deal. I booked a LAX-HNL for mid Dec for $214+, and then they threw a $100 e-cert at me to use the next time, or for an interisland this time.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (slippahs' iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Just another indication at how bad airlines are anticipating the Hawaii economy to be in the near future.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by slippahs
Just another indication at how bad airlines are anticipating the Hawaii economy to be in the near future.
Hawaii... economy... Hawaii... economy... Hawaii economy? What is this thing of which you speak? I know the words, but when you put them together like that, I no longer understand.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (slippahs' iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Originally Posted by slippahs
Hawaii... economy... Hawaii... economy... Hawaii economy? What is this thing of which you speak? I know the words, but when you put them together like that, I no longer understand.
Hawaii's economy equals tourism. Simple as that. At the Marriott Waikoloa today and occupancy rates are terribly low. Good for tourists looking for deals. But bad for the tourism industry that this State is so dependent on.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:01 am

Last Friday's WSJ did not paint a pretty picture of the Hawaii tourism market. Not only are Americans travelling and spending less but the Japanese are quickly following suit. Could be a double whammy. Even the current hotel promos are not stimulating much demand. People have to worry about having a job, so who wants to go on vacation come back and find the pink slip on your desk.

Last edited by toadman; Nov 17, 2008 at 10:31 am
Old Nov 17, 2008, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I can say that Kauai was not very crowded last week. Restaurants that usually have lines had none.

The Hyatt appeared to have pretty low occupancy, but at that property, it's hard to tell. There were plenty of chairs at the pool (there always are) and some of those were in shade in the afternoon, which I have never seen.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:37 pm

We just returned from two weeks in Hawaii (three days on Oahu, 11 on the Island of Hawaii) and, while we've traveled there this exact time period every year for eight years, we've never seen such a dearth of fellow tourists.

What *was* interesting was that we didn't find the condo rental agencies discounting prices, only the airfare/hotels/resorts. I spoke with a number of friends who live there and they all said their condos just aren't being rented (except for the Ironman and holiday periods); I can't figure out, then, why the condos aren't lowering the prices... But I'll still appreciate the lowered airfares!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 6:50 pm

Wanna hear about a great HA deal? I returned from an OGG-SEA-OGG jaunt on HA last week (staying in SEA for a week) for a grand total of...$19.50! HA's website only charged the tax...$0 for airfare.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:52 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by egcarter
Wanna hear about a great HA deal? I returned from an OGG-SEA-OGG jaunt on HA last week (staying in SEA for a week) for a grand total of...$19.50! HA's website only charged the tax...$0 for airfare.
How is that possible? Was it a mistake fare or something only from OGG?
Old Nov 24, 2008, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by NW-A332
How is that possible? Was it a mistake fare or something only from OGG?
I attribute it to bad programming! My friend got the same deal...then we started seeing a message that "there is a problem with the website...please try again, call or email"

But it worked for two of us (only OGG-SEA...didn't work on other routes). SEA was where I wanted to go anyway. It wasn't a mistake fare...I selected the nornal fare from the list...it was in the fare calculation stage. Only charged the tax...no airfare.

Flights were nice and nearly full. HA does great biz between SEA and the islands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.