Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having trouble getting 20K miles from HA for new Visa cr. card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

HA is advertising 20K miles for obtaining a new B of A Visa but my friend kaukau said he is having trouble getting his promised miles. Wife & I were going to apply but now I'm having second thoughts. Anyone care to share their experiences?

Phil
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
HA is advertising 20K miles for obtaining a new B of A Visa but my friend kaukau said he is having trouble getting his promised miles. Wife & I were going to apply but now I'm having second thoughts. Anyone care to share their experiences?

Phil
Many of us have gotten our 20k signup bonuses. I've gotten 3 10k bonuses and 1 20k bonus for signups. I'll let kaukau elaborate on how many he's gotten, if he's so inclined.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:42 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
My 20k posted within the month
Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:33 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Mrs kaukau and I were only issued 10k, on several of our most recently issued cards that offered a 20k signup bonus. But we did get two very cool Hawaiian Airlines T-shirts for the ones we applied for at an HA promotion at HNL! BofA stonewalled us, saying that there are over 20 different signup bonuses offered at any given time on the HA Visa card, and the applications we sent in were not eligible for 20k, just 10k. We disagree, so HA Marketing Dept. is investigating on our behalf. Time will tell. I say go for it philemer! What's the worst that can happen?

Edited to add: While the HA website offers a 20k signup bonus for applications submitted through that link, the BofA website offers only a 10k signup bonus for applications submitted through that link!

Last edited by kaukau; Oct 11, 2007 at 3:52 am
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
A couple months ago, I received a 30K sign-up promotion, with a unique code and web address to apply. I did so, received the card, used it, and received 10K.

I called BofA, worked through two or three people, gave them the code I applied with and read them the letter, which I was wise enough to retain. About two weeks later, the remaining 20K points posted.

So, it is possible to get them, but given how generally screwed up BofA is on these matters, the documentation may be necessary.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 2:18 pm

Programs: Scorched earth and base metal in everything these days
I got my 20K after a tip from kaukau & Ripper3785. ^

During a recent HA flight HNL-LAX, the FA told me that the offer had gone back down to 10K, even though the HA website still says 20.

But I agree with others, my 20K HA miles posted after the first billing cycle.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by tednugent(no relation)
I got my 20K after a tip from kaukau & Ripper3785. ^

During a recent HA flight HNL-LAX, the FA told me that the offer had gone back down to 10K, even though the HA website still says 20.

But I agree with others, my 20K HA miles posted after the first billing cycle.
The FA could be correct. Or they could just be bitter because the employee referral for 20k bonus has ended and they weren't lucky enough to win anything for theirs. (The paper applications gave them an entry into a drawing for prizes) The HA employee who gave us the paper apps did cop some attitude with us when we asked if we could apply online and somehow still have her get the credit.

It would seem an easy thing to change back on the website. But this is HA, who has been slow to change website content in the past.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 2:52 pm

HA Marketing Rocks!

Very happy to report that only 5 days after contacting HA Marketing over my missing signup bonus miles that BofA refused to credit me for repeatedly over a 3 month period, the miles were credited to my account and immediately parlayed into an upgrade to F on one of my future HNL-LAS flights!

Mahalo HA Marketing Department! You rock!
Old Oct 16, 2007, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by tednugent(no relation)
Originally Posted by philemer

I just got an email from hawaiian offering me 20k miles for signing up for a Bank of America HA Platinum Visa. So I'm pretty confident the offer is still 'on'.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 8:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Ditto here.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 9:17 pm

The Terms and Conditions for the BofA Visa application on the Hawaiian Airlines website clearly state that "20,00 bonus miles will be awarded......".

The Terms and Conditions for the BofA Hawaiian Miles Visa application on the BofA website clearly state that "10,000 bonus miles will be awarded.....".

Just be careful, and I hope nobody has to chase 'em down like I did!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 3:26 pm

Aloha,

As a valued HawaiianMiles member, we are giving you one more way to earn bonus miles. When you apply by 11/30/07 for the Hawaiian Airlines® Visa® Platinum card, you’ll receive 20,000 miles after your first qualifying purchase+. That's equivalent to two inter-island roundtrips, or only 10,000 miles away from a mainland roundtrip cardholder discounted ticket.

Continue to earn HawaiianMiles with every qualifying purchase and enjoy the many benefits, including:

A 50% discount companion certificate for travel between the Mainland U.S. and Hawaii+
2,000 anniversary bonus HawaiianMiles when you renew your card each year+
1 HawaiianMile for every dollar you spend in net retail purchases (earn additional miles at HawaiianMiles XtraMiles partners)+
2 HawaiianMiles for every dollar you spend on tickets purchased directly from Hawaiian Airlines+
Access to award travel with fewer miles online, no blackout dates and no roundtrip booking requirements
ShareMiles with friends and family
More seat selection at time of ticket purchase
Old Nov 28, 2007, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by 4ARedOctober
Aloha,

As a valued HawaiianMiles member, we are giving you one more way to earn bonus miles. When you apply by 11/30/07 for the Hawaiian Airlines® Visa® Platinum card, you’ll receive 20,000 miles after your first qualifying purchase........
Right now, the 20,000 bonus signup miles are ONLY being awarded to accounts approved by applying through the HA website, or by personalized invitation received in your e-mail with your HA # pre-entered. Not via the BofA website; not via a paper application handed out at the airport or onboard an HA flight; not through any other credit card sites. If you haven't gotten a personalized e-mail invitation, than you must apply through the HA website to get the 20,000 miles signup bonus; otherwise you will receive the usual 10,000 mile bonus.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by kaukau
Right now, the 20,000 bonus signup miles are ONLY being awarded to accounts approved by applying through the HA website, or by personalized invitation received in your e-mail with your HA # pre-entered. Not via the BofA website; not via a paper application handed out at the airport or onboard an HA flight; not through any other credit card sites. If you haven't gotten a personalized e-mail invitation, than you must apply through the HA website to get the 20,000 miles signup bonus; otherwise you will receive the usual 10,000 mile bonus.
How about when applying by phone using priority code FABG2A?

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCC...&mc=A000002FR5
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
How about when applying by phone using priority code FABG2A?

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCC...&mc=A000002FR5
IIRC, the website does make that provision for folks w/o internet access; or who don't trust the internet; or just prefer to apply by phone. So yeah that should work; just be sure to get confirmation from the phone agent.....and maybe something in writing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.