Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "767-300 Hawaiian Air Seating and what's it like" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "767-300 Hawaiian Air Seating and what's it like" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:24 pm

Programs: Delta SM, National Emerald Club, Loyal to any Hotel with Free Booze and Breakfast
Originally Posted by kaukau
O'u flies the HNL-LAS route.
do you know if its the afternoon departure or the redeye?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta SM, National Emerald Club, Loyal to any Hotel with Free Booze and Breakfast
O'u flies the HNL-LAS route.
i flew LAS-HNL this morning 245a dep from LAS. i'm assuming that this plane would probably make for the morning dep from HNL-LAX at 810a and comes back as HA9 in the afternoon. does HA overnight any planes here locally?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
We fly O'u on flight #s 18 & 8: Dep HNL 2:50P Dep LAS 2:45A
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:45 pm

We fly O'u on flight #s 18 & 8: Dep HNL 2:50P Dep LAS 2:45A
must not be a daily thing, left here on friday 250p and was another aircraft.
and went two weeks before that on the exact same schedule and it was one of the newer aircraft. a buddy who flies HA on a monthly basis says he sees the "LTU" aircraft on the LAX flts as well. might be a LAX-HNL-LAS vice versa turnaround.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:50 pm

We fly O'u, say, one out of six legs HNL-LAS and LAS-HNL.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by DanTravels
Looking at airliners.net and airlinerlist.com, it looks like HA has 3 763ER's from LTU:

c/n 24257 was D-AMUR, is N585HA, "Noio"
c/n 24258 was D-AMUS, is N586HA, "Ou"
c/n 24259 was D-AMUN, is N584HA, "Kioea"

I think they also had D-AMUP, but that one may have been retired...?
Not at all . c/n 25531, which was formerly D-AMUP is still flying with HA, only now we know it as N583HA. The name of this jet alludes me, but this one was originally delivered to LTU back in 1992.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by asu-ua772
Not at all . c/n 25531, which was formerly D-AMUP is still flying with HA, only now we know it as N583HA. The name of this jet alludes me, but this one was originally delivered to LTU back in 1992.
I believe the name you're looking for is " 'A ".
Old Aug 10, 2006, 1:05 am

Programs: Various
Yes, I can still remember the one time on HA where my flight was on one of the LTU aircraft...pulling skelletons out of the closet...take a look at this thread for my brief experience:

Flash Back to HA ex LTU

And I am still in thearpy to learn how to deal with the claustrophobia experience I suffered from on that flight "the minute I sat in the seat" not to mention when the person in front tilted the seat back. I had a sudden craving for a valium to calm my nerves.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 1:54 am

from my experience (and what i've been told), ha mixes their 6-7's on x-pacific routes. the exception may be internationally, where i've only seen them use the newer planes (probably to avoid maint. problems).

as to dantravel's comment about different ife's, i ask...what ife?
Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:02 am

does anyone know, I'll be flying to SYD on HA in a couple of weeks, are the business class seats to SYD the same as the domestic FC product? if so, I think those seats are a really poor International Business product.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by jtkauai
as to dantravel's comment about different ife's, i ask...what ife?
Some HA 767s have monitors mounted above the aisle; the ex-LTU ones may not, from what I've read. May have projection units...?
Old Aug 10, 2006, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by JEFFKT
does anyone know, I'll be flying to SYD on HA in a couple of weeks, are the business class seats to SYD the same as the domestic FC product? if so, I think those seats are a really poor International Business product.
It's the exact same planes being used. So yes, it is domestic first to SYD.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by JEFFKT
Slightly better food is the only difference.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by jtkauai
Strangely, the LTU's first class section has more room than either of Hawaiian's other types of 6-7's.

We always say "Oh yay, it's O'u!" when we get on board, and the f/a's look all kapakahi, but we're in F, and are aware of the extra roominess!
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:42 am

Seat advice for *coach* HA flight--mainland to Honolulu

It seems most folks here fly first class, but we never have that joy so this is for the rest of you: We've flown Hawaiian from mainland (Sacramento) to Honolulu and return for five round trip flights. Can you clue us in to the "best" pairs of seats on this flight? HA evidently has two (and maybe more?) different layouts. The Seat Guru diagram isn't always accurate and neither is the seating diagram on the HA site--in fact the HA folks at check-in once gave us a "best seat" recommendation and changed our assignment to that and it turned out to be a totally different layout than even they'd thought (we ended up on a non-reclining pair).

What I'm looking for specifically is which seat has the "no window" in the varying configurations so we can avoid it (it's usually in the coach section, between First and the middle lav) and which seats are right in front of the lav divider in that first section. We've written down numbers in the past, reserved those seats happily and walked down the aisle (yes, past the First Class smilers) and found ourselves in a completely different situation.

Any recent suggestions for seat numbers/advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.