Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HA Extra Comfort Seats Row 11-13

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Smile HA Extra Comfort Seats Row 11-13

Was reading a lot about these extra comfort seats for rows 11-13. Was able to find a lot of information regarding Row 11 specifically, since that's right after first class. However, I couldn't find much about Row 12 and 13. I know that those seats aren't as good when comparing to leg room, but how are they in general? Also, for Row 13, is there a partition in the back of the seat or are they open? If there is a partition, do they have the same amount or limited recline? Because I'm interested in a Row 13 seat (specifically 13A and 13B) for an upcoming trip. Thanks for any input!!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:45 am

13 supposedly has the full recline, it's just located near the galley and lavatory. We have the 13 HJ seats to Tahiti in a month.

It looks like there's a partition/wall behind 13 but I'm also wondering if it's just the middle section due to the galley directly behind.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:46 pm

I've recently completed the JFK-HNL round trip in 11J. I don't know when your route will get the new lie-flat configuration but it's something to be aware of. My outbound flight was not scheduled for the lie flats but that's what we had and there was a lot of confusion until everyone was seated. Row 13 disappears completely. Row 12 loses A/B and H/J. I will post something in the lie flat discussion thread soon. From what I recall prior to the lie flats being installed there is some sort of partition/wall behind row 13.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
There are lavatories and a galley behind the mini cabin, however, enough space is left behind the seats so that there is full recline.

I'd say row 13 is pretty good overall, the only negative is being so close to the lavs and galley. Legroom is several inches more than regular coach, you don't have to feel someone jabbing the IFE screen behind you, and you get served super quickly since the meal and beverage carts start in the mini cabin. The mini cabin has a bit of an exclusive feel to it too - since there is no bulkhead in front you kind of feel like you're part of the first class cabin, and at HNL, most of the gates HA uses have dual jetbridges, so you get to use the first class door to disembark.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mileageplusorminus
I've recently completed the JFK-HNL round trip in 11J. I don't know when your route will get the new lie-flat configuration but it's something to be aware of. My outbound flight was not scheduled for the lie flats but that's what we had and there was a lot of confusion until everyone was seated. Row 13 disappears completely. Row 12 loses A/B and H/J. I will post something in the lie flat discussion thread soon. From what I recall prior to the lie flats being installed there is some sort of partition/wall behind row 13.
How did you like the new row 11? Was legroom significantly worse than the old row 11 without the bulkhead?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:39 am

Definitely less leg room but still enough for me to stretch my legs out fully and just barely hit the bulkhead. HOWEVER...I am 5' 1". I found the absence of a seat in front of me to be an annoyance. Because I'm short I find it difficult to use the overhead compartments. People were very nice and helped me but I would rather do things myself. And...had to bother the person in 11 H every time. Much easier on the trip back since I packed the carry on accordingly. I can't decide between the extra leg room, still more than the other extra comfort rows, or not having to put bags in the overhead.
willoL likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
@mileageplusorminus thanks for the report both in this thread and the lie-flat thread. Good information!
Old May 5, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,,B6,DL,WN
I was on HA51 and 50 in the past 2 weeks. Plane had lie back 1st. We sat in 11H and J. There is a bulkhead in front between 1st and the mini cabin in all of row 11. I am 5'6", DH 5'11". We had good legroom, but even I could not stretch out fully, maybe another 2 inches would have worked for me. I was not able to use an inflatable foot rest I bought for the flight. However, there was still ample leg room. I could easily cross my legs. I took one of my carryons out and kept it on the floor until we had to land. I just pushed it back against my seat and my legs went over it. I was also able to keep my purse down between my seat and the plane wall. 11 C and G stick out into the aisle a little so they had to watch out for attendants with carts. DH in 11H was able to stretch feet out into aisle.There are oxygen tanks behind seats 11 A, B, H, and J but they did not interfere with the seat recline. Most of the seats on HA51 in the mini cabin had problems reclining. They did not go back by themselves and it took my husband and an attendant to both push on the seat back to get it to go back. I saw the attendant helping others recline their seats. I read a review on SeatGuru that the seats do not recline. They do, just not very easily. No problem on HA50. Row 12 seemed to have more legroom as they could stretch out under the seats in front of them, but it is also 4 to the row and closer to lav and galley and no windows. I think I prefer my little 2 seat area with a tad less legroom to sitting in the middle.
I will add that the mini cabin was quieter and darker compared with the main cabin and 1st with only 6 windows and bulkheads in front and behind.

Last edited by likry2000; May 5, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.