Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Upsell Hawaiian Mainland Flight to First Class with Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,

I am looking to purchase a couple of flights in Coach from HNL or OGG to the Bay Area.

Is there an option at time of booking or even later to upgrade to First ?

What is the number of miles required and what inventory am I looking at?

I have seen one way First Rewards for 40k or 80k outright... can i upgrade to either?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
You can upgrade into the 40K bucket from coach for 25K miles. And into the 80K bucket for 50K miles.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Do upgrades use the regular First Redemption booking class or A Paid First booking Class?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:10 pm

They use A class, and I don't think you will get a mileage bonus.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Let me re-phrase the question:

To upgrade seat using miles do HA use regular award availability or just general seat availability e.g. paid First availbility?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
Let me re-phrase the question:

To upgrade seat using miles do HA use regular award availability or just general seat availability e.g. paid First availbility?
They use award availability. When there are 40K award seats available, you will be able to upgrade with 25K miles. When there are 80K award seats available, you will be able to upgrade with 50K miles. When there are no award seats available, you won't be able to upgrade with miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.