Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Got mail offer 50k after $2k spending. Any good?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA++

I am not so familiar with hawaiian air offering, but I just got that in the mail.
Is this a good deal?

I usually go to hawaii once or twice a year from LAX-HNL.
What is the mileage needed for business/first class for this type of trip?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I would do it. The regular offer is 35k
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: None - previously UA
If you go through the process of buying a ticket on the payments page it sometimes present an offer. It gave me an offer for 50K with $1K spend.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Normally, I'd say this is a good offer. Does it have an AF the 1st year?

The only problem is that HA miles have been (for me atleast out of JFK) extremely difficult to use at the lower level vs. a couple of years ago. Since you are LAX based perhaps you will have better luck getting award seats.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 1:42 pm

I got this offer in-flight, except after $1k spending in 3 months. I didn't take it because of the $89 annual fee which was not waived. Do you guys still think it's worth it considering the annual fee?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
I got the same inflight 50K miles/$1K spend in 3 months. For $89 I think its worth it. That's three inter island r/t's at 7.5K per segment, or 3 one-way segments at 15K. Either way, worth $89 IMO.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by inlanikai
I got the same inflight 50K miles/$1K spend in 3 months. For $89 I think its worth it. That's three inter island r/t's at 7.5K per segment, or 3 one-way segments at 15K. Either way, worth $89 IMO.
I couldn't really do the math in flight so I didn't take it, but you're right. I could take my kids for a long weekend to Volcanoes Park for free. Normally 3 r/t tickets would cost me about $700. I have another HA flight in a month, so hopefully they'll offer this again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.