Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330 Extra Comfort Seat Width

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
A330 Extra Comfort Seat Width

I am flying next month on an A330 in extra comfort on a non lie flat plane. I am in 11J and noticed on checking Seatguru that many of the extra comfort seats have the TV/tray in the armrest, reducing the seat width.

I am a bigger guy and wonder if this really makes much of a difference for a 5 hour flight.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:15 pm

If I recall correctly, only the bulkhead seats have the tv/tray in the armrest.

The reduced seat has never bothered me (I'm 5'10" 160 lb).
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:01 pm

Extra Comfort seat width

I am also a "big guy" - and the reason I sit in row 12 in Extra Comfort is precisely because of the unmoveable armrests and tray-in-seat. Yes - it does make a difference. FWIW, my wife and I are just fine a row back, and we usually stow the armrest between us, which is not even an option in row 11.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by CAVU
I am flying next month on an A330 in extra comfort on a non lie flat plane. I am in 11J and noticed on checking Seatguru that many of the extra comfort seats have the TV/tray in the armrest, reducing the seat width.

I am a bigger guy and wonder if this really makes much of a difference for a 5 hour flight.
IIRC-on HA the Y/Y+ seat width is the Airbus standard 18-18.5" so it may be 17.9" or so-the table and the PTV swing up and it doesn't SEEM to affect the width.
I've been in 11J/A-I'm 5'11" and a broad shouldered (and 'rear-ed') 215lbs give or take. The width certainly didn't bother me on the two 11 hour flights I took. As long as you're on a non flatbed plane, you'll have so much legroom with the lack of bulkhead that the minuscule width reduction may not bother you. Again-I didn't have any issues myself. For a 5 hour (west coast?) flight you should be just fine!

If you're really worried-grab 12A/J I've also sat in those seats and they were great as well although the legroom isn't quite up to row 11 standards!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.