Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Which US Airline to credit Hawaiian Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which US Airline to credit Hawaiian Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
I recently looked into "what if I flew to Hawaii?". Maybe I should fly HA? If so, it looks like flights within Hawaii can be credited to many US programs and Hawaii to Asia and the South Pacific can be credited to AA, but if you fly between the mainland and Hawaii, you are limited to HA's program and B6 in some cases.

Seems to be you can earn miles on Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin Australia for Hawaiian flights but many Americans don't regularly fly those airlines or credit flights to those airlines.

I wonder if flying HA is worth the experience? I heard the meal is free but not that good.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Toshbaf
I recently looked into "what if I flew to Hawaii?". Maybe I should fly HA? If so, it looks like flights within Hawaii can be credited to many US programs and Hawaii to Asia and the South Pacific can be credited to AA, but if you fly between the mainland and Hawaii, you are limited to HA's program and B6 in some cases.

Seems to be you can earn miles on Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin Australia for Hawaiian flights but many Americans don't regularly fly those airlines or credit flights to those airlines.

I wonder if flying HA is worth the experience? I heard the meal is free but not that good.
I mean, it's a coach airplane food, do you expect it to be good? It's still a step up from most of the others which give you nada from the west coast in coach.

As for whether to fly HA vs. the competition, that mainly depends on where you're flying out of, what kind of fares you can find and who you have elite status with.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kumulani
There is a 50% mileage bonus. I had to look at my mileage statement to confirm that, it isn't mentioned anywhere on their website. Even on the statement, it wasn't broken down separately so I had to figure out the base mileage of the flights were and calculate the bonus from that.
Do "A" first class fares earn 150% redeemable HawaiianMiles for HA flights?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
Do "A" first class fares earn 150% redeemable HawaiianMiles for HA flights?
I doubt it.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:37 pm

I am flying HNL - PPG in business class and back later this summer (separate in and outbound PNRs to/from HNL on UA) and just joined the Hawaiian FFlyer program. However after reading this thread it seems I can credit the flights to American. Will having the new Hawaiian fflyer # preclude me from crediting to AA? I'd rather credit to AA as I only go to AmSam once, sometimes twice, a year on business so nothing much to do with HAL miles. Thanks
Old May 3, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Prestor John
I am flying HNL - PPG in business class and back later this summer (separate in and outbound PNRs to/from HNL on UA) and just joined the Hawaiian FFlyer program. However after reading this thread it seems I can credit the flights to American. Will having the new Hawaiian fflyer # preclude me from crediting to AA? I'd rather credit to AA as I only go to AmSam once, sometimes twice, a year on business so nothing much to do with HAL miles. Thanks
If you credit to AA, you will earn 150% award miles, but no elite qualifying miles. You can't do it through HA's website, you need to call them and have them remove your HawaiianMiles number from the reservation and add your AAdvantage number.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Gold
How, not where?

Excuse the even more basic question, but how do you credit a Hawaiian Airlines flight to another airline? I can't even find the option to do it online. Is it even possible for me to do it with an itinerary operated only by Hawaiian?

Edit: The answer was right above (and now below) me...no way to do it online only over the phone or at the gate.

Last edited by raycosm; Jul 5, 2017 at 9:39 am Reason: Answer is above me
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by raycosm
Excuse the even more basic question, but how do you credit a Hawaiian Airlines flight to another airline? I can't even find the option to do it online. Is it even possible for me to do it with an itinerary operated only by Hawaiian?
As noted above, there is no way to add your other airline frequent flyer number on a Hawaiian reservation online. You'll have to call to add it, or ask a gate agent at the airport.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Can you credit any Hawaiian itinerary to American?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
Can you credit any Hawaiian itinerary to American?
No.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp

Only flights within Hawaii, between Hawaii and Asia, and between Hawaii and the South Pacific, are eligible for earning American AAdvantage miles.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:09 am

My HA "A" fare posted 150% redeemable miles to Virgin Atlantic
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Where to put Hawaiian Airlines flight miles

Hello everyone,

I recently flew F on Hawaiian, and hoped to collect miles on my AA FF#. I failed to realize that mainland to HI flights on Hawaiian are ineligible for milage accrual on AA.

Other than starting an Hawaiian Airlines FF account, can I collect miles with any other airlines?

Thanks!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 31, 2018 at 5:26 am Reason: moved into consolidated thread
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by cdmca
Hello everyone,

I recently flew F on Hawaiian, and hoped to collect miles on my AA FF#. I failed to realize that mainland to HI flights on Hawaiian are ineligible for milage accrual on AA.

Other than starting an Hawaiian Airlines FF account, can I collect miles with any other airlines?

Thanks!

You can earn through KE and B6 for sure ... I think VS might also be eligible as well.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cdmca
..I recently flew F on Hawaiian, and hoped to collect miles on my AA FF#. I failed to realize that mainland to HI flights on Hawaiian are ineligible for mileage accrual on AA.

A guide https://www.wheretocredit.com/hawaiian-airlines/f
Note with many ffp's you need to be a signed up member at the date of the flight.
Some ffp's allow you to join and then retro credit. That often has time limits, like 30 days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.