Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

[NOW 50K!] Highwater mark for HA BOA card: 35K after 1K spend, ann fee not waived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW 50K!] Highwater mark for HA BOA card: 35K after 1K spend, ann fee not waived

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, don't see a Wiki for this. Seeing 35K Hawaiian Airlines miles for 1K spend on 3 months with their personal World Elite Mastercard. $89 annual fee not waived 1st year. This seems to be a standard, unvarying offer. Don't know that I've ever seen the annual fee waived the first year. What about the 35K bonus miles after meeting spend? Are there any other offers for more bonus miles with higher spend?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:35 pm

AFAIK, no.

Just got AMEX Plat Biz, 75k MR for $5k spend, xfer to HA with fee of $0.0006 per point. Oh right, $450 annual fee but the credits etc. are IMHO worth it...
Old Sep 16, 2015, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tdowl5757
AFAIK, no.

Just got AMEX Plat Biz, 75k MR for $5k spend, xfer to HA with fee of $0.0006 per point. Oh right, $450 annual fee but the credits etc. are IMHO worth it...
Thanks tdowl.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
The personal offer is always the same since the change to Barclays. So is the business offer with no minimum spend, you can always try that.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Sorry, don't see a Wiki for this. Seeing 35K Hawaiian Airlines miles for 1K spend on 3 months with their personal World Elite Mastercard. $89 annual fee not waived 1st year. This seems to be a standard, unvarying offer. Don't know that I've ever seen the annual fee waived the first year. What about the 35K bonus miles after meeting spend? Are there any other offers for more bonus miles with higher spend?
Both my HA account (lots of use interisland) and my wife's (no recent use) were showing a 50K offer on sign in this afternoon. I don't ever remember seeing more than 35K before. I'm still not sure I trust HA's program enough to invest $89 in padding my balance, but it's a bit more tempting.

Offer is otherwise the same as always (companion discount, annual fee not waived, etc.) and says it's good through 11/30. Might be worth checking your account if you're interested in the card.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list

Public 50K mile offer: HT to FM http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...offer-returns/
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:00 pm

what are the churn rules on this card?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:20 pm

Might grab this card next, even though I don't typically fly Hawaiian anymore. $89 for 50k miles and a low minimum spend.

The offer on my account says it expires Nov 30.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:27 pm

picked up the 50k offer today and was checking out options for miles and noticed

25k miles for any pair of Maui Jim sunglasses.

best offer I see for business card is 35k for $89 fee and first spend. anything better ever come up for commercial?

Last edited by g8trgr8t; Oct 12, 2015 at 6:51 pm
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Ugh I want this so bad! How tough is it to churn Barclays anyway?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by msp3
Ugh I want this so bad! How tough is it to churn Barclays anyway?
There should be info on FT or internet search on churning Barcalay's cards. It is possible as I did it with the old US Air card.

I got both a HA personal and business about 10 months apart. Also, got my spouse to do the same.

Unfortunately, we are sitting on a low 6 figure balance and can't use the HA miles for the JFK - HNL legs anymore because of the sparse low tier availability they have started to implement in the last 1 year or so.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:24 pm

From time to time, Barclaycard (“We”) may offer bonuses or HawaiianMiles or other premiums (for example, First Use HawaiianMiles, First Use Certificates) to new Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard Cardmembers. Unless otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and /or Rewards are intended for persons who are not and have not previously been Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard Cardmembers. You understand and agree that, unless we otherwise state, you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or Rewards for any new Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard account you open after this Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or Reward for which you are not eligible, we may revoke the bonus or Reward, or reduce your HawaiianMiles by the amount of the bonus or Reward, or charge your Account for the fair value of the bonus or Reward, at our option.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:34 pm

Oops, meant to post this in this thread

My spouse just picked up this card 2 months ago and hit the $1K spend and received the 35K miles 4 days ago. We called Barclay and were told "too bad" and "no one ever calls us when the number of miles offered goes down." Pretty disappointed with Barclay on this one.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
My wife and I each got the 50K offer today. I think we'll take it. Anyone have experience trying to redeem HA miles for premium cabin awards on American or Virgin America?

ETA: I just noticed the free mileage sharing option for HA miles. As I understand it, if you have the HA Mastercard, any HA account holder can transfer miles to you free of charge. That's a great feature for us churners who double our churning via wives, husbands and other loved ones.

Last edited by dhuey; Oct 24, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.