Wiki Posts
Search

HA Courtesy Platinium?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
HA Courtesy Platinium?

For those who are or were Platinum on HA: Have you ever fallen short of qualification and been awarded Plat anyway?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
No. YMMV
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
LOL! It will be a cold day in hell before HA comps you status out of courtesy for being XYZ miles short. HA's current practice is to nickel and dime its Plat and Gold elite members for perks that would otherwise be free on other carriers while at the same time offering first class upgrades to their employees and non-revs. Ooops, i'm sorry, did I say that out loud?

Anyways, in regards to a "courtesy" upgrade, the closest thing would be to buy it. HA has a similar option to AA in this:

http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/app...tail/a_id/1874

Depending on how short you are or how you feel on this buy-up, it may or may not be worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.