Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HA partner mileage bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:44 am
Original Poster

HA partner mileage bookings

Im trying to booking American flights to europe using HA miles but since there is no way of searching online im wondering what inventory are they using? Is it only AA saver awards that are avail? Does it "have" to be a round trip booking? Just wondering if anyone has tried using HA miles for AA flights
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:05 pm

I'm also not having a lot of luck finding this information out and have yet to find anyone else who has actually tried.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by radtechtraveler
Im trying to booking American flights to europe using HA miles ...Does it "have" to be a round trip booking?
A little late for an answer, but yes using HA miles on AA you need to book a roundtrip.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:52 pm

I have called HA several times regarding booking AA partner flights - but each time they have told me there is no availability at all. I have flexibility, so I've tried a variety of seasons, have asked about economy and business seats, and have had them check for me a variety of Europe and South America destinations. But no availability.

Any suggestions on booking AA flights using HA miles…or is there typically no availability?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

typically its non-existent, Im not sure why hawaiian even has partner flights since availability is nothing. Ive tried for over a year calling weekly for a variety of dates summer fall, winter and there was never availability to anywhere in Europe even for Virgin.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by muji
Any suggestions on booking AA flights using HA miles…or is there typically no availability?
Find MileSAAver awards on aa.com and give the date & flight details to the HA rep.

Use aa.com's 'refine your search' page. Under carrier preferences, select only 'American and American Eagle'.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Find MileSAAver awards on aa.com and give the date & flight details to the HA rep...select only 'American and American Eagle'.
Thanks; I'll try that. Have you had pretty good success doing this?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Using HA miles one needs the very lowest level of AA award pricing. I haven't discovered any difference in flight availability with HA miles or AA miles in that circumstance, at least of eligible routes & routings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.