Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading on Hawaiian Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Upgrading on Hawaiian Airlines

I am a newbie to Hawaiian Airlines.

I am travelling from SJC to OGG on an award seat just before new year with my wife in Coach.

I want to know the options to upgrade this ticket to First Class.

Do HA offer a fee based upgrade prior to departure via their website?

Can I upgrade during online at check-in or at airport prior to travel?

What sort of prices do they offer.

ALso If i want an exit seat, can I pay to reserve this, if so how?

All help is greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by navatwal
Do HA offer a fee based upgrade prior to departure via their website?
Upgrades prior to 24-hours before departure can be done online, but the "fee" is the fare difference between your coach ticket and the prevailing First Class fare. Essentially you're buying a First Class ticket at "rack rate."

Originally Posted by navatwal
Can I upgrade during online at check-in or at airport prior to travel?
Yes, you can upgrade at check-in assuming First Class seats are still available then. Upgrades at check-in usually go for ~$350.

Also, you can reserve an exit seat (or bulkhead) during online check-in or at the airport. Fee for exit seats are $35 (West Coast)...$75 for JFK flights.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Rather than buying up to F, might I suggest "making your own" F? Get exit-row seats on the "2" seat side, buy up to the premium Y meals, rent a digiplayer, and purchase your adult beverages. You'll come out much cheaper and you've made your own little "first class" in Y.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Good idea,

Can i not book the exit seat before check-in by calling reservations?

Is it only offerred at airport or is it offerred at online check-in?
Originally Posted by formeraa
Rather than buying up to F, might I suggest "making your own" F? Get exit-row seats on the "2" seat side, buy up to the premium Y meals, rent a digiplayer, and purchase your adult beverages. You'll come out much cheaper and you've made your own little "first class" in Y.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: Hawaiian Miles
exit row seats are available during OLCI 24 hours prior to departure, so you should check in online right at that 24 hour mark so as to have first pick at the exit row seating. this will be the time when you pay the additional fee for exit row, and also it gets you free pair of headsets and priority boarding. overwing exits usually are row 25 and 26, with 25 being bulkhead seating and close to the lavs. i would opt for row 26 exit row for more leg room
Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Anyone know the price of upgrades (at 24 hr check-in) for the HNL-SYD/AKL flights?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:56 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by BEAV
Anyone know the price of upgrades (at 24 hr check-in) for the HNL-SYD/AKL flights?
On SYD they are rarely available, as the cabin tends to sell out.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by DCF
On SYD they are rarely available, as the cabin tends to sell out.
WHat about on the HNL to PPT route (end of August)? Not sure if I should pay the difference now or wait for the upgrade offer at T-24.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:07 pm

Row 25?

Sorry if this has been asked before - but I noticed Hawaiian Airlines stopped selling the exit row 25 seats (not sure which plane model this is) completely - and it's even blocked out on their seat map. And on our flight one time, I moved to row 25 (from our purchased exit row 26 seats), and while one stewardess said that was ok, there was an akward exchange I had with another stewardess who said "you REALLY don't want to sit there because of the the bathroom, please go ahead and move over there (to the three bulkhead seats in 26)"

Any ideas why they are so against people sitting there? I did notice they had the food cart rolled into that row at one point during the flight.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Do you know of you pay the $50 to upgrade on your inter island segment would that give you 2 free bags on you connection mainland flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.