Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Beware, something amiss with Hawaiian Airlines Miles

My wife and I both applied, were approved and received bonus miles after first purchases and the spending bonus miles related to both the BOA and BOH cc associated with our respective Hawaiian Airlines accounts. Her points from both cards posted quickly to her HA account. My BOA card posted the same way. But, my Bank of Hawaii/Hawaiian Airlines credit card earned miles show as transferred to my Hawaiian Airlines account, but the airline account still does not show those miles only the ones from my BOA credit card purchases. The miles were earned back in April. First I was told to wait 4 to 6 weeks even though my wife's points showed up as soon as the monthly statement closed. So, I wait over a month and call back to Hawaiian Airlines and the same rep tells me "you have to wait 4 to 6 weeks". I said, "that's what you told me 6 weeks ago". Today I called again, since last week they told me to call back this week, and after explaining everything the rep said "well I see you received the points from you Bank Of America credit card", I said again "yes, but what about my points from my Bank of Hawaii credit card which they said were transferred to my airline account in May." Then they hung up on me. It seems the Hawaiian Airlines customer service agents for the miles program are in India? Their accents sounded like Indian. They seem to have a hard time understanding that they are two banks associated with cards allowing you to get miles. They seem clueless as to what to do. So, I spoke to a Bank of Hawaii (FIA services) supervisor just now and she is trying to investigate where these miles I earned went. It has been well over the 7days it can take to move the miles from the cc account over to the airline account. I hope someone in one of the organizations isn't syphoning off points to some other account. I will report back what the outcome is.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by wise2u
I am asking for the specifics on the personal card that the links have all disappeared for....anyone got info?
This is what I have: "Earn up to 35,000 bonus miles after qualifying purchases - plus a one-time 50% round-trip companion travel discount. Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on everyday purchases. Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on direct purchases from Hawaiian Airlines". From what I recall, the spend was $1,000 within 3 months (but I am not certain of this).
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman
... my Bank of Hawaii/Hawaiian Airlines credit card earned miles show as transferred to my Hawaiian Airlines account, but the airline account still does not show those miles only the ones from my BOA credit card purchases.
There's a good chance that the miles have posted for you - but to a new Hawaiian Airlines account (meaning you may have two accounts open - the second one having been generated automatically when you applied - which need to be combined). This has happened to others before.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:00 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by muji
There's a good chance that the miles have posted for you - but to a new Hawaiian Airlines account (meaning you may have two accounts open - the second one having been generated automatically when you applied - which need to be combined). This has happened to others before.
My credit card has the correct account airline miles number printed directly on the front and I reconfirmed with the cc that my card is indeed associated with the correct miles account (they read it back to me the account they sent the miles to). Last night a customer service manager at FIA Services (Bank of Hawaii Visa Signature) called Hawaiian Airlines on my behalf (since they hung up on me) and she was told the same thing I was told 6 weeks ago, "he'll have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for the miles to show up in his account". I asked the manager, "so, where are my points currently?" She said, "they are not with us since we confirmed they were transferred, so your points you earned are with Hawaiian Airlines and I can't tell you why they are taking so long to appear in your account."

So, I now must wait for 6 weeks and then if they still aren't showing up in my airline account I was instructed to call the credit card company again.

I'm so glad my wife's account showed the miles posting the very next day after her credit card statement closed.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by wise2u
I am asking for the specifics on the personal card that the links have all disappeared for....
The offer was for 20,000 miles for first purchase then 15,000 miles for $1000 spend within four months.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:17 pm

k

Originally Posted by fivegirls
The offer was for 20,000 miles for first purchase then 15,000 miles for $1000 spend within four months.
thanks, $1000 in 3 or 4 months. I usually do it in first 2 month just to be safe.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:47 am

How annoying; Both HA personal cards seem to have vanished. A churn was planned for this weekend, specifically geared up towards a vacation later in the year, and Hawaiian Airlines 35000 sign-up was one of them.

I guess this explains it, indirectly:

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/p....html?page=all

I imagine that the business is going with BoH. Unfortunately they haven't lined up an alternative yet. :/

-Karl

Last edited by karlmitchell; Jun 14, 2013 at 9:53 am Reason: More information
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by karlmitchell
How annoying; Both HA personal cards seem to have vanished. A churn was planned for this weekend, specifically geared up towards a vacation later in the year, and Hawaiian Airlines 35000 sign-up was one of them.

I guess this explains it, indirectly:

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/p....html?page=all

I imagine that the business is going with BoH. Unfortunately they haven't lined up an alternative yet. :/

-Karl
While I'm 99% certain it's not related, Virgin America's card (issued by Barclays) disappeared within the last week as well. Thought it might be worth noting, but like I said, is almost definitely not related.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: SWA, IHG, Hilton, AA, Marriott, Starwood
I signed up for the Business card last week, and received it today. At least that one still seems to work! I was hoping for my wife to sign up for a regular card, but cannot find one at this time. BOA CARD.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:55 am

I better get signed up for the Business one before it disappears as well. AOR next week!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by WildcatFan
I signed up for the Business card last week, and received it today. At least that one still seems to work!
Originally Posted by Nick311
I better get signed up for the Business one before it disappears as well. AOR next week!
Checked that business card link today; it is now unavailable.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:27 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I invite folks to continue NEW and updated information here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...-s-thread.html and I am archiving this thread at the suggestion of the Community Director.

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Hawaii-based Airlines forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.