Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Puerto Vallarta - what to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite; BA; AF;

I'll be in Puerto Vallarta for a week at the beginning of December. Can anyone recommend bars, restaurants and fun places to go?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:11 am

Programs: CO
Lots to do in Puerto Vallarta

Hi Canuck,

You'll terrificlly enjoy your week in PV. I went down there for the first time at the start of this year and am returning in January for a week. There's a lively and extensive gay bar, clubs and restaurant scene --plus a gay beach and several good gay hotels/resorts. The weather is great; the locals are friendly, and the food is varied and relatively inexpensive.

Rather than rely on my fading memory for exact info on specific places, I suggest you visit the PV gay group on Yahoo. It's at: [email protected]

Another good source, who has supplied endless info for that Yahoo gay group, is Gary Beck. His email is: [email protected].

Where are you staying in PV?

Ollie
NYC [/FONT]
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite; BA; AF;
Thnx Ollie for your advice. I'm arriving on Nov. 29 and staying until Dec. 6. I've got work to do from Sat. - Tues but then I've taking some time off to relax. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:38 pm

You may want to do a search, I believe there was another thread about PVR that had a few suggestions, probably that's why not a lot of people have posted.

I was there a few years ago and was a little dissapointed with the beaches, so keep your expectations low. Two things to do that I'd recommend:

(1) Daytrip to Sayulita, it's a little town up north, you can take public transportation and it's like 1hr away. Very small town, nice beach and more of a real Mexico experience -if you are into experiencing the local culture. Beach is much nicer and not crowded at all; quite popular for surfers though. Food is cheap, very fresh and you can have lunch on the beach - fresh seafood tacos, yummy!
(2) Take the GLBT cruise that goes out once a week. It's run by a French Canadian woman, I forget her name, and a crew of two/three guys, very nice people and you get to meet other gays They sail in the bay and take you to a beach (nude). It includes open bar, snacks and lunch. It was pretty decent from what I remember. You can buy the tickets at the Blue Chairs Hotel. It's only once a week so make sure to go as soon as you get in to PVR to buy the tix if you want to do it. It's worth while and kids-free ^

Enjoy your trip.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:50 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
I will post more thoughts on PVR when I get home but we were on Diana's cruise yesterday, and while it was a great amount of fun, the swimshorts all stayed on. Just saying, like

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.