Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

I have never met a gay FTer!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I have never met a gay FTer!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2008, 12:21 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by swiss_global

Btw: Since when is PS (=Ukraine International Airways) operating JFK-SFO/LAX
This Gay FTer flies Ukraine International!
Old Nov 3, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Folks-the luggage tags DO work!
Then how come I'm still single and have no life?
Old Nov 3, 2008, 12:29 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
Then how come I'm still single and have no life?
Because we are not flying Ukrainian International!
Old Nov 3, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Have a look on the BA board, and you'll struggle to find many heterosexual types, although there is a few of us.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 12:42 pm

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Originally Posted by Macspreader
Have a look on the BA board, and you'll struggle to find many heterosexual types, although there is a few of us.
Ok, i have to comment - in normal posting conditions (aka: not the GLBT forum) i'd not give your username a second glance. However, right now it's hilarious along with megatoplover.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by KNRG
Ok, i have to comment - in normal posting conditions (aka: not the GLBT forum) i'd not give your username a second glance. However, right now it's hilarious along with megatoplover.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Originally Posted by laundrian
I would not say 36 is old... In my OP, I said I usually sit next to OLD business men in F or C. By old, I meant... late 50s/60s....
As one who would only be considered halfway dead by your standards the GLBT forum ranges in age from late teens-early 20s to 60s and upwards. When we get together at Gaylas, everyone mingles.

We welcome GLBT travelers and their friends of all ages here.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 5:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Ok, looking at this thread prompted me to add to that Itineraries thread, and I even just placed an order for FT luggage tags.

Don't think he was an FT'er, but the guy next to me last week PHX-SMF sure seemed a bit 'friendly.' Doesn't happen on every flight, but maybe 1/4 or so. Like the OP said, when I'm in F, I'm sometimes seated next to a 50-60 year old....but talking and sharing with them can be good for my career (I'm in my 30s).
Old Nov 3, 2008, 7:39 pm

Never (that I know of) met a gay FTer while traveling (and only very few FTers at all, actually), but I have met plenty of gay "frequent travelers" over the years.

I do not have a particularly good "gaydar", and I do certainly not flaunt it either so I might have been one of the old farts (I'm 35) you've been sitting next to who's been looking straight and dull.

If my seatmate or the guy I am chatting to in the lounge/hotel-bar asks one of the many (and inevitable, I've noted, in any hotel/lounge/aircraft/bar-conversation) variations of "so are you married?", I truthfully answers "Not legally, but my husband and I have been together for 10 years so I guess it almost counts as a marriage"....brings some out of the closet, although not the FT-closet yet
Old Nov 3, 2008, 7:40 pm

It looks like you joined FT about the time of our last event! September 12-14 was a 'Gayla' here in NYC where lots (okay, maybe 30?) Flyertalkers had a weekend of cocktails, activities, and meals. It was great! I'd say that FT is a mostly virtual group between these events. Having said that, I get together occasionally with a couple of FT'ers who live near NYC.

I'm not sure if the thread is still active, but there's an amusing thread about flirting on PS!
Yeah, and unfortunately also US-centric. There's got to be EU-bound gay FTers out here as well....?
Old Nov 3, 2008, 9:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by voop
Yeah, and unfortunately also US-centric. There's got to be EU-bound gay FTers out here as well....?
Plan something in the EU and I'll try to come. Sometimes us LGBT FT'ers are just a subset of FT "Do's".

Last edited by wiredboy10003; Nov 3, 2008 at 9:23 pm
Old Nov 3, 2008, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by mach92
First define old? 30? 32? 45? 58? Then how many guys under 24 are sitting in F/C coast to coast? My guess not many. Good luck
There are some of us..... (doing it on my own dime as well, thank you FT).
Old Nov 3, 2008, 10:28 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Plan something in the EU and I'll try to come.
Or in Kiev. Return fares from 4000 grivnias: http://www.ukraine-international.com/ua/main.html
Old Nov 3, 2008, 11:18 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by laundrian
This may be a bad place to make friends, or whatever, but I was just wondering to see who have met other fun nice gay FTers. I travel a lot, but I haven't really met anyone cool. I hate sitting in F or C class with all these old business men. Where are the cool fun gay guys?

I am 23 years old, Asian guy, from NYC. I fly the PS flight from JFK to SFO and LAX very often for work ( weekly ). Would love to get to know some FTers from LA or SF, or NYC...

Thinking in categories describing these "old business men" you might isolate yourself. Open your mind, you certainly will be one day one of these "old business men" too This does not mean that you will not be cool. On the other hand I know many young closet queens who are not cool at all.

Just a remark from a 48 years "old business man" (who loves hot young Asians and many of them appear to like him too ).

P.S.: You might consider flying coach - there are many cool backpackers there, when I was your age I did even not dream about C or F.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
the luggage tags DO work!
i guess i need to order my tag also.
but prob. wont get it before i head off to palau in 2 weeks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.