Wiki Posts
Search

Finding Travel Companions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:34 pm
In Memorium

Programs: UA 1K-3.5MM; AA Exec. Plat.; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Platinum
San Diego in October?

I will be there for a week beginning October 1 if anyone has any travel ideas or would also be in the area and up for a beer. Also, i am always willing to meet new people here in D.c.--just drop me a note!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by aztimm
I did a few mileage runs last year and early this year, all to Germay (MUC and FRA). My partner certainly supports my MR's, as when we do travel together, he benefits (it was a lifesaver to have *G status in SFO last weekend). But he doesn't join me on my MR's (he doesn't see the pleasure of going to Europe for a weekend).
Similar with me and my now-spouse. He doesn't get as much vacation as I do, so I have to go on MRs by myself. He does enjoy the status benefits though

Originally Posted by meFIRST
Actually, posting an ad on a hook up site, (at your discretion/risk) has helped me a lot. My last jaunt to Europe I posted an ad on the infamous european site gayromeo.com and created a travel ad for my travels to Switzerland.

There's a dedicated travel section, as opposed (ahem... the usual business)
I think it would be a lot of fun to have a way to either travel with someone or meet people, sounds like it can make MRs more fun. But I wouldn't be looking for any, um, extra-curricular activities. Are there sites that make the one easy without misunderstandings about the other?

Originally Posted by SteveDCA
I will be there for a week beginning October 1 if anyone has any travel ideas or would also be in the area and up for a beer. Also, i am always willing to meet new people here in D.c.--just drop me a note!
If you'd like to join my now-spouse and I for dinner, just drop me a PM or email. Also, sometimes some of the local San Diego FTers have been known to arrange DOs for visiting FTers on MRs. We went to one and it was a lot of fun -- the locals here are very nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.