Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Any Good Gay Hotels in Montreal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:50 am
Original Poster

I would like to stay at a good hotel in the gay area of Montreal so that I can be in walking distance of everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would like to stay at a gay hotel/resort but don't want to stay somewhere that is badly run.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:42 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Most of the accomodations in and around the gay village are B&Bs, some of which are very nice. Do you want that or a full service hotel?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:11 am
Original Poster

I would prefer a full service hotel but basically want a quality gay place to stay.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The full-service Gouverneur is almost at the epicenter of the scene on Ste. Catherine's @ St. Hubert.

L'Auberge L'un et L'autre is a nice gay B&B also close to the scene.

http://www.aubergell.com/
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I second anonplz's suggestion of L'Auberge L'un et L'autre very nice B&B run by very nice fellas in the heart of the gay village.
But it is not a full service hotel.

The Gouverneur is not gay run/owned-but it is the closest full service property to the village.I used to stay there all the time-but I feel the value/service ratio is not worth staying.They do get a lot of gay visitors.If you choose the Gouv. the exec rooms are worth the extra cost IMO.

I stay at either a Marriott Property(the Chateau Champliagne or the Springhill suites) or a Starwood(the W is chic-the Sheraton is a good solid property)and take the metro into the village.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:35 pm

Not sure if it's a gay hotel, but the W is definitely a good choice.

As far as the distance from the village is concerned, I would go with the B&B's. Many of them are nice. I've stayed at Le Houseboy for many times. It's nice, clean, great breakfast. If you ever stayed there, the host's assistant, Andre is the best 'houseboy' ever!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Any word on Big Boys Guesthouse?

Tripadvisor.com gives it very good reviews and it is near the gay village.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Sorry-thought you were looking for a full service hotel?
If you are willing to go the B&B/guesthouse(another word for B&B)route see the above recomendation for L'Auberge L'un et L'autre.
Just be aware not to expect the level of service/accomodations that you find in traditional FS hotels-different beast altogether.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 9:38 am

http://www.montrealisgay.com
Gay Bed and breakfasts in Montreal
Old Dec 2, 2007, 5:35 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I was staying at the Hyatt ... A very close and convenient walk into the village e.g. 5 to 10 mins. By the way, Hyatt is also right next to Chinatown ...
Old Dec 10, 2007, 6:34 pm

In 2005, I stayed in a basic B&B in the Village a 50m from the supermarket -- which is on Rue Ste-Cathérine, I believe. I think it's called Hôtel St-André. It was a small room, but I felt it clean and reasonable for what I paid.
Old May 10, 2008, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Anyone stayed at Le Pomerol?
Old May 11, 2008, 1:28 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
I live in Montreal hotels....

The W is a good choice, and the walk is not bad (depending on the time of year) to the village. The rooms are teeny, though. Around the corner, on St. Antoine, is the brand new (since Sept 07) Embassy Suites if you're a Hilton collector. The building site next door can be annnoying (it is a HUGE Westin, so Starwood folks rejoice) as the work starts at 7:00 a.m. and goes on at the weekend. Ask for an east-facing room (I almost always get a *16, where * is the floor number). The Intercontinental is next door to the eventual Westin.

Hotel des Gouverneurs has gone way down hill. It is the only option near the village, but seriously, stay in the old city. Hotel St. Sulpice is wonderful, as is the St. Paul, the Gault etc. It is a $5 cab ride from the village, and taxis are everywhere. That way you can enjoy all that Montreal has to offer: Old Port, cobblestone streets, museums, incredible restaurants and, when the urge hits, the naughtiness that the Village provides. I am more of a foodie than a gay-bar-fly, so Old Montreal wins hands down for me.
Old May 11, 2008, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by bkong
In 2005, I stayed in a basic B&B in the Village a 50m from the supermarket -- which is on Rue Ste-Cathérine, I believe. I think it's called Hôtel St-André. It was a small room, but I felt it clean and reasonable for what I paid.
It is a little further than 50m from the Épicerie Métro at Ste-Catherine & Papineau (maybe you were thinking of the fruit stand in the building attached to Hotel des Gouverneurs, now closed but soon to be reopened as an IGA grocery store).

It is a nice place for what it is (I stayed there after a breakup in 1986, and eventually moved to a cute flat next door). They really frowned on cohabitation, if I recall correctly (but I managed to break the rules....). Damn I'm old...

Auberge l'un et l'autre is a better option. The bar downstairs, Gotha, is my current local, when I'm in Montréal.
Old May 11, 2008, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by dtman18
http://www.montrealisgay.com
Gay Bed and breakfasts in Montreal
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.