Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gay Malta

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Gay Malta

Planning my first trip to Malta in January 2008. There is a list of gay bars and clubs at www.gaymalta.com/nightlife.html. Anyone have any information on the gay scene in Malta on weekends in the winter in these venues or others not listed?
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
Planning my first trip to Malta in January 2008. There is a list of gay bars and clubs at www.gaymalta.com/nightlife.html. Anyone have any information on the gay scene in Malta on weekends in the winter in these venues or others not listed?
We spent a week there in November, it is a great island, very rustic and still developing as it becomes part of the European Union.

The bars are small and quaint, there are not many signs of the GLBT community there, we traveled all over and had no problems. They do seem to hold on to old world customs and you are seeing people that have never left the island.

We went to a few of the bars on the website, they were average, everyone was friendly. We had more fun with the gay hotel staff at our resort, the waiters and bartenders enjoyed having a gay couple as guests. We met 2 other couples as well.

Overall a great place to go, great for hiking, be sure to take a day trip jeep tour of Goza, you will see some great places.

One additional note, the round abouts there are not always marked, so as you enter them you might not know where to get off of them, take a compass.

Last edited by Gay_Traveler; Mar 21, 2007 at 5:38 am
Old May 12, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Well it's been 10 years. Anyone have recent experience or thoughts on visiting Malta for 3 days or so in July?
Old May 13, 2017, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Good question as I was also planning to go there sometime next year.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:45 pm
Suspended

I might go next year with Thanksgiving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.