Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Aussie gays - who is out there?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aussie gays - who is out there?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2005, 9:07 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by CdaWorld
I'm not back home until mid March.

I even miss Mardi Gras
Ugh, me too. Back home in April, and only for 2 weeks. I'd kill for a 38 degrees celsius Christmas BBQ once again!
Old Dec 21, 2005, 12:06 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Nicholas
Great idea -- how about during my brief SYD visit on Jan. 11-14?
Dunno about the QP though, will be doing SYD-MEL-SYD on 10JAN.

Will be in town on 11JAN or 12JAN, I normally drink at either the Taxi Club, Manacle or the Oxford. Wanna meat up?

Dave
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:10 pm

Programs: QF WP. LTG
I'm glad to add my name to the Sydney poof list and wave the flag....

For those visitng Oz over Christmas, you might like to listen and learn about our Aussie holiday at www.kenduncan.com/echristmas
Old Dec 23, 2005, 3:41 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Another one reporting for duty.............Bloody hot here in Sydney......37c which is 97F and windy

BTW....Mardi Gras is crap these days. I'ts only a semblance of its former self.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 6:44 am
Suspended

The QF Board is meeting Friday 30th December at the Opera Bar in Circular Quay, possibly pizza afterwards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=24296

I am sure members of this board would be welcome to join in:

http://www.operabar.com.au/htmlfiles.../largepct3.jpg
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Darlings, didn't you know that 98% of all Australian men are gay?

Was at an FT event last year & Australia travel came up in the conversation. lisamcgu stated that 98% of Australia men are gay. She's never been to Oz, btw.

After the rest of us picked up our jaws from the floor, we asked where she came up w/ that statistic. She replied that a gal pal of hers was in Oz, was chatting w/ 2 guys who evidently were not interested in her so concluded that they must be gay (as opposed to just not interested in the friend), & so told lisa that 98% of all Australian men are gay.

Needless to say, we laughed & she said 'laugh all you want; [I] know the truth!".

She, alas, did not provide a breakdown on the percentage of 'poofs' and 'dykes'.

Have fun on Friday!

Cheers & happy holidays...
Old Dec 28, 2005, 2:56 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Sharon. I am shocked. You are wrong! We locals all know the percentage is 99 and the last one percent is undecided
Old Dec 28, 2005, 8:20 pm

but is the 1% poof or dyke? ps - i think it was lisa who was wrong; she/her friend were the 2 that pegged it at 98% - such bad research reporting

cheers.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:01 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Darlings, didn't you know that 98% of all Australian men are gay?

Was at an FT event last year & Australia travel came up in the conversation. lisamcgu stated that 98% of Australia men are gay. She's never been to Oz, btw.

After the rest of us picked up our jaws from the floor, we asked where she came up w/ that statistic. She replied that a gal pal of hers was in Oz, was chatting w/ 2 guys who evidently were not interested in her so concluded that they must be gay (as opposed to just not interested in the friend), & so told lisa that 98% of all Australian men are gay.

Needless to say, we laughed & she said 'laugh all you want; [I] know the truth!".

She, alas, did not provide a breakdown on the percentage of 'poofs' and 'dykes'.

Have fun on Friday!

Cheers & happy holidays...
I suppose that if your friend was standing on Oxford Street, then that would be true. If she was after some hot Aussie hetro types she should have travelled west or perhaps gone to the cricket in th elate afternoon when the beer has worked its magic.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 4:23 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
yes that gap pal should have gone to the late afternoon cricket once all the booze has kicked in and would have concluded that 98% of aussie men are straight.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by MrSydney
yes that gap pal should have gone to the late afternoon cricket once all the booze has kicked in and would have concluded that 98% of aussie men are straight.
LOL!!!
Old Dec 31, 2005, 7:43 pm

Programs: Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Hilton Honours
add me

add me in - living in Melbourne (but I do find "poof" derogatory but we wont get into the why's and wherefore's) -lol.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 6:24 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by 6andy6
add me in - living in Melbourne (but I do find "poof" derogatory but we wont get into the why's and wherefore's) -lol.
I am curious - what is the problem with "poof"? I have always worked under the principle that something can only hurt you if you allow it to, so if someone calls me a "poof", I don't really care, in fact, I often describe myself as a poof (yet, I am a volunteer firefighter, I have umpired Australian Football at the senior level, tennis at Grand Slam level, have played cricket at third grade level in a state grade comp, nobody picks me as gay - but yep, I admit, I am a poof!) - what is the problem here? As I said, a term is only demeaning if you allow it to be.

Dave
Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:26 pm

So, getting back to the topic a few posts ago; are we meeting on Jan 11 or 12 around Oxford Street?
Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:35 pm

OK - call me slow. I've been traveling over Christmas/New Year and am still catching up with FlyerTalk posts. I see that Dave has started another topic (SYD Get together....) about meeting up.

My apologies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.