Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part II

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2004, 12:03 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Originally Posted by sfokilla
I'm from Richmond, not Farmville.
Ouch.

And Wendy, it is more like the theme from Petticoat Junction here. (As you'll see when you put on those bib overalls and come to the Farm Do... which seems to have been ignored by all here.)(The potential of a Farm Do, not your bib overalls, I mean.)
Old Jun 3, 2004, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
Ouch.
Hey, but at least you're not a local (yet). I try to deny being southern until someone smart chimes in that "Richmond was the capital of the Confederacy, you know." I'm yet to come up with a good response to that.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:57 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Hi

I am Herve, Belgian 34 years old in a few days... and living now in London.

Free lance Public and Press Relations and Event Management (Seminars, Board meetings, ...).

I fly mainly Star Alliance -United, LH, BMI, US, SQ- (Senator with LH), AF (F+Rouge), KLM (Platinum).

I travel often to the US (NY, DC, California and Florida mainly) and Europe. I love Australia and go to visit friend there every year.

I was living in Paris untill last year and still miss a bit Brussels (small but more human).

[email protected]
Old Jun 5, 2004, 11:45 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome (back?) BelgianInParis!!!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 7:58 am

Programs: UAL, AA
My name is Dave and I live in Chicago with my partner of 10 years. I lived in Taiwan and Japan for five years so I managed to see a great deal of East Asia. I've been back only once since then, but am ready to go again.

Since then, I have done most of my long-hauls to Europe and love London and Madrid best of all. The deals aren't as good these days - remember the internet auctions of Lufthansa flights to Paris for $200 roundtrip? - so we don't get out there as much. Thinking of burning a few miles before UA goes bust to travel to Rio this fall.

Try to get to SFO, GEG and LIH at least once a year for the family. Obviously two of those places are much more desirable than the third!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 8:47 am

Programs: CO, CO PC, NW, HHonors, Hertz Gold, Marriott
Cool Howdy from Houston

Howdy all...I'm Victor in Houston, TX. Been enjoying the lovely heat and humidity here with my partner (of 10+ years) for over 13 years now. At least we don't get snow or cold (below 30 degrees F).

I used to fly a lot for work as a consultant (Platinum on CO several years). Now I'm only leisure flying on CO (and partners) and have managed Silver for a couple of years doing such. At least I can still walk on the blue carpet. Maybe soon I'll be flying from the front office (as a pilot for you newbies). A big career change for me currently.

My partner works in Iraq (civilian) so travel is at least every four months with at least one of us going halfway around the world. Meeting up in Spain for a two week breather in September.

C ya around the blue skies or the CO PC. Maybe be my guest if I'm around the airport.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 11:54 am

Welcome ORDinaryGUY and vachataboon!!!
Old Jun 14, 2004, 1:16 am

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Hi,

New kid here...recent transplant from NYC in LA for business school. My family's moved around a lot (HKG, LHR, SFO) and I used to travel a lot on business (former consultant and news magazine employee). I found the boards after a friend pointed it out to help me with a flight problem that I had, sort of just discovered the LGBT board and wanted to say hello.

Just returned from 3 weeks in Hong Kong, Beijing, Tokyo and Kyoto and caught the travelling bug...

A.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 6:10 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
AWC4,

Welcome to our little corner of FT.

Travelling bug huh? That can be contagious on this board.

Look forward to your contributions.

William
Old Jun 14, 2004, 7:50 am

Welcome awc4!!!
Old Jun 14, 2004, 8:24 am

awc4 - welcome to FT!

I'm drooling over your list of travel spots during your last trip!

-Chris
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrislacey
I'm drooling over your list of travel spots during your last trip!

-Chris
Please don't drool, saliva can be hard on the keyboard

Welcome awc4
Old Jun 15, 2004, 5:41 am

Programs: Sky Miles, Dividend Miles Silver, Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by sfokilla
Ha, I think the biggest mistake I've made since moving from RIC to SFO was letting a "y'all" slip out of my mouth...I'll admit, it does happen once in a while, but I never picked up the accent. Now everyone out here has got me pegged as some kind of tractor-pull attending, tobacco growing, George Bush voting, Jimmy Bob sounding country boy. I mean, come on. I'm from Richmond, not Farmville.
Stereotypes are a very bad thing. Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I can help you find the right drapes for your sitting room (although, I probably could do a better job than my sister-in-law). Just because I'm from North Carolina and have a bit of a drawl, doesn't mean that I'm a rube that worships the Republican Party. After travelling the world, I find my accent helps, not hinders me...sometimes gets me in a conversation, be it good or bad. Accents are wonderful things, as long as correct grammar is used. Back to topic...

Last edited by CLTBWIDAYSYR; Jun 15, 2004 at 6:08 am
Old Jun 15, 2004, 7:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
But I am not sure y'all really know what you might getting yourselves in for. Let me tell how...ummm.. uhh... "quiet" it is here: the closest chain motel (NOT hotel) is 1 hour and 15 minutes away, the closest gas station/store (they have fried chicken! Yeehaw!) is 7 miles away. You must like to walk, hike and/or read. There are no local-flavor hotels. There are a couple local-flavor MOTELS. (Yeehaw. )Of course, the chain motels are next door to the new WalMart. And we were all so glad when the WalMart opened. We were all unemployed anyway!

I have trouble picturing some of you having the "free continental breakfast included" alongside Bubba, his wife, their brats and in-laws at the "Y'all-Come-Back-Now-Motel".

Of course, I could organize a few things.
Nice way to slam the place you live. If it is that bad why would you ever move there? Or was this supposed to be humour?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 8:36 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Might I suggest that we get back to the purpose of the thread... welcoming new members and passing out Toasters....

William

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.