Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires - MERGED THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires - MERGED THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2006, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by FAmodelGuy
Which floor were you in the Las Heras building? I saw the website and probably wanting to rent the Luminous Las Heras 11th Floor apartment that is on the website. If you happened to take some picture of your apartment while there in September, i will send you my private message with my email address. Would greatly appreciate it if you can send me some photos of the place.

Thanks,
B

sure no problem, also if your wanting to rent nicer apartments with top notch furniture, you may want to check out http://www.apartmentsba.com/ they are pricier but I hear they have very nice apartments and they're professional
Old Jun 23, 2006, 1:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Buenos Aires for Xmas/New Years

Hi,

I'm traveling with a few buddies to Buenos Aires for Christmas and New Year's this and just wondering if any other FTs are going to down there at that time. We're renting out this fabulous apartment that we heard about through this board and very excited! We're all in our mid-late 20s and looking forward to meeting some great folks down there.

Traveling on Delta (biz) on December 23 and returning evening of Jan 1.

Also, anyone have insight into cool things to do in EZE around that time for the holidays? (doesn't necessarily have to be gay, just fun or a cultural must.)

Thanks!

J
Old Jun 23, 2006, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Unfortunately you picked a pretty dead time to visit BA. I was there for new Year's this past year. This was my 4th visit in one year and by far the most quiet I have seen the city. Essentially the locals tend to go away from Christmas until January 15th. This is their peak vacation time. Several restaurants and businesses also close during this time. However, there are still many interesting things to do and see there so I'm sure you will have a great time. You might want to consider a few days at Punta Del Este (upscale beach resort in Uruguay) or the main Argentine beach in Mar Del Plata.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Star Gold (lifetime)
You'll have a blast. I have spent two new years in argentina and always had a good time. It very much a tradition for the portenos to stay at home until after midnight. the discos become crowded around 2-3 am. When I left at 5:30 one new years eve, there was still a line to get in. there is a huge thread on Buenos Aires here (its 38 pages):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...56#post5969656

Without a doubt one of the greatest cities in the world
Old Jun 23, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I've spent the past 4 New Years in EZE. It's definitely not dead at all!! But just understand that, as no more lurking points out, don't even bother to go to a club until about 2 AM. No club will even open its doors until 1:00 or so.

I suggest going to Amerika. It's got a huge New Years party.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by TakeMeToEZE
I've spent the past 4 New Years in EZE. It's definitely not dead at all!! But just understand that, as no more lurking points out, don't even bother to go to a club until about 2 AM. No club will even open its doors until 1:00 or so.

I suggest going to Amerika. It's got a huge New Years party.
awesome -- thanks, guys. appreciate it. lived in spain for a year, so I'm accustomed to the late dinners and nights out.

thanks again! If you ever need insight into NYC let me know.

J
Old Jul 12, 2006, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Buenos Aires; Stay Where ?

Sorry to start another thread but I wanted the latest information on hotesl located close to bars etc. Thanks.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:41 pm

Programs: AC-2MM & 75K
You don't need a hotel close the bars, because cabs are readily available anywhere anytime and they are very cheap. I would pick a place in Recoleta or Palermo.

Last edited by dbyyz; Jul 13, 2006 at 6:37 am
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:55 am

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
It's "Recoleta." Search other threads for many many hotel recommendations.

A cab from downtown all the way across town to Palermo Viejo shouldn't be more than $3.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:36 am

Programs: AC-2MM & 75K
My apologies for the spelling error!
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I think Recoleta is too touristy. Find a hotel that you like - chain or otherwise.. and go with that. Palermo is hip - if anything, a shorter cab ride to where you want to be.

Downtown has some nice properties as well. NH esp.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Different strokes - I wouldn't stay downtown (I find *that* touristy) and preferred Recoleta. If you know NYC it would be a little like staying on the Upper East Side, and Palermo Soho is like staying in. . .well I think you can guess. My hotel was technically in Barrio Norte, and a short walk from downtown. I would also consider renting an apartment if I went back, or staying at a B&B if I wanted more interaction with other travelers.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So what would be the top 5 choices be in Recoleta ? I need closeness to bars shopping etc due to leg problems. Thanks again
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum
seriously i'd just rent an apartment, people have had very good luck with friendlyapartments

http://www.friendlyapartments.com/apart.htm

cabs are available day and night and the clubs aren't super to each other (with rare exception). That said i'd rent in Palermo Viejo.

I'm moving down there for 4 months actually on 8/21
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So what would be the top 5 choices be in Recoleta ? I need closeness to bars shopping etc due to leg problems. Thanks again
Everything is pretty spread out in BA and there isn't any walkable neighborhood that is close to all the bars and shopping that I want to do. This is particularly true if you are interested in gay bars and clubbing, since these are spread out all over town. Bottom line: you're going to have to use cabs no matter where you stay. Both Recoleta and Palermo are fantastic (but different) neighborhoods. Just pick the one with the best hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.