Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

TLV Sauna & Hotel recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 6:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Any recommendations on a sauna in TLV? Google took me to saunatelaviv, would be great to get some info on it if folks have been.

I'm debating between Hilton/Renaissance/Sheraton for the hotel. Any of them better or worse from a gay perspective (location mostly)

Thank you!
Old May 29, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by imgonnafly
Any recommendations on a sauna in TLV? Google took me to saunatelaviv, would be great to get some info on it if folks have been.

I'm debating between Hilton/Renaissance/Sheraton for the hotel. Any of them better or worse from a gay perspective (location mostly)

Thank you!
The gay Beach is the beach in front of the Hilton. The Renaissance is about a 10 minute walk away, and the Sheraton another 5 minutes.

In terms of nightlife, the proximity is probably the opposite, with the Sheraton being closest. You're probably not walking to most nightlife though.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:24 pm

Sauna Tel Aviv is about a year old. The wet area is nice. The play space is weird and uncomfortable. The large lounge is a wasted space. The restrooms are hideous, it's hard to grasp how after such a short time they're already in such a shameful state of disrepair. The locker area is cramped. The place is far smaller than most saunas in Europe/USA.

The only other sauna is Paradise. This one is even smaller. It's old and dilapidated. I imagine that many have migrated over to the newer sauna.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

thanks all. sounds like any of the hotels are fine. and sauna tel aviv is the best bet though not great.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:22 am

...the best bet though not great.
The quality and size of the place doesn't matter; if you find what you're going there for, you'll have a fabulous time and nothing else matters...

Check their event calendars, they have theme nights that draw larger crowds.

Report back!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222
The gay Beach is the beach in front of the Hilton. The Renaissance is about a 10 minute walk away, and the Sheraton another 5 minutes.

In terms of nightlife, the proximity is probably the opposite, with the Sheraton being closest. You're probably not walking to most nightlife though.
any reason not to walk to the nightlife? i'll be at the renaissance. going this weekend
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
any reason not to walk to the nightlife? i'll be at the renaissance. going this weekend
Depends what specific place, but probably a long walk.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:52 pm
BCH

A great gay-friendly hotel for you to consider is Brown TLV (a member of Design Hotels, which is now partnering with Starwood, though this property is not yet an SPG partner). It's convenient to everything as has a very hip, cool vibe.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by BCH
A great gay-friendly hotel for you to consider is Brown TLV (a member of Design Hotels, which is now partnering with Starwood, though this property is not yet an SPG partner). It's convenient to everything as has a very hip, cool vibe.
Any idea when it can be booked on the SPG website and/or with points?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:59 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Any idea when it can be booked on the SPG website and/or with points?
Nope, but I'm hoping soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.