Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Dec 31-Jan 03

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Dubai Dec 31-Jan 03

Any advice for a first time gay solo visitor to Dubai next weekend? I understand all the precautions re: illegality, public displays of affection, etc., but would be good to meet fellow lgbt travelers for drinks, conversation, night out, etc. Just unsure how best to do that. I assume the usual online apps won't be helpful and that word-of-mouth is better?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
Dubai has lots of gay people around.

I've had lots of luck with Grindr and Scruff. Just be sure to use a VPN service as they are officially blocked in the UAE. Go to the app store and search VPN for the most popular services. The website gayromeo is also popular and officially blocked.

The locals in Dubai are very comfortable meeting up for drinks and even visiting your hotel late at night. It's no problem for them to just walk in.

Have fun in Dubai! I'm there again in February.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:00 pm

A great vpn

[url]http://www.vpntraveler.com

Works well and is VERY safe and secure.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:41 pm

I do hope to travel to Iran at some point, so I understand the interest in the Middle East. But I am not looking to hook up with anyone while I'm there. What's the attraction about going to Dubai? What's there to do and see while there?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by olafman

The locals in Dubai are very comfortable meeting up for drinks and even visiting your hotel late at night. It's no problem for them to just walk in.

Locals? Personally as a precaution I would avoid the "locals" or GCC nationals/Arabs and stick with the expats (eg. foreigners living in Dubai).

From what I might have read, some of the "locals", if they feel guilty of what they have just done, they can report you to the authorities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.