Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Bangkok/Jotiem Long Weekend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club

So I just impulsively purchased a trip to Bangkok from Seoul next looooong weekend for the holiday. Still, 7 days out, a steal at 450 USD!

Anywho, I went to BKK two years ago for a quick night and then went South. I really enjoyed the nightlife. This time, I'm thinking BKK Fri night/Sat night...then Pattaya gay beach Sun/Mon/Tues and back to Seoul at Midnight Tues night.

Since I've been out of the loop...should I go to Jotiem Sat night? Or stay in BKK?

I'm single and travelling alone. I am all about the nightlife.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:30 am

Jomtiem will be fine on a Saturday night. Check out the neighborhood around Ganymede Hotel may be renamed as Zing Hotel & Spa. Nice guys to play pool with and fool around. Rooms are cheap with AC and ensuite toilet. Dixie.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: KLM, Enrich MAS, Emirates Skywards
BKK has the usual Silom gay bars, packed on a Sat tho. Can hardly move.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:23 am

Not to hijack/bump this thread; but I am going to BKK next week; any tips for favorite gay locations?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:42 am

Silom road has plenty of gay nightlife. DJ station in Soi 2 is the bigger club, has a drag show around 1130pm. Tends to be packed.

Soi 4 Silom Road is mainly bars.

Saladeang station.

Being gays, usual malls full of them haha. Like Central Embassy & Siam Paragon.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by L Lam
Silom road has plenty of gay nightlife. DJ station in Soi 2 is the bigger club, has a drag show around 1130pm. Tends to be packed.

Soi 4 Silom Road is mainly bars.

Saladeang station.

Being gays, usual malls full of them haha. Like Central Embassy & Siam Paragon.
Thanks! Everyone says DJ Station is the place. I'll have to check it out. Can you walk between Soi 2 and Soi 4?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:23 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Thanks! Everyone says DJ Station is the place. I'll have to check it out. Can you walk between Soi 2 and Soi 4?
Definitely walkable - 2 & 4 are probably about 100 yards from each other.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:58 am

Walkable easily. Full of stalls selling knick knacks n some gay stuff.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I was about to ask advice on another thread for Shanghai, and saw this had an update. As a point of reference, I'm an outgoing, 32 year old, American bear that's most definitely into trying local cuisine haha. I like to drink and have no problem being social when I go out.

The usual patio bars are fine. It's nice to sit outside and people watch, but if you're trying to be sociable, you need to go inside. Balcony and Telephone are essentially the same in terms of product, crowd, atmosphere.

I'm not a techno, shirtless at the club kind of guy, but I do like to drink, so I went to DJ Station with some Aussies I met. Luckily, they were really cool, because DJ Station on a Saturday was not. It was just TOO crowded to do anything. You could barely make it to the bar, if you wanted to dance with your elbows down it was by the bathroom. Smoking outside? Keep your arms close together and don't move too much or you get burned haha.

Later, we went to GOD. It was MUCH better. We went even on Sunday and Monday nights, I believe. The first night, we skipped DJ Station and got there to get a good space and drinks. As soon as DJ Station closed, it filled up, but it was bearable because the place was huge.

I much preferred GOD to DJ Station simply because of size. It's literally the same crowd as they all leave DJ and go to GOD.

Also, Pattaya was just SAD. Yes, I went on a Sunday, but it was just simply gross and skeezy. I stayed at some hotel whose name I don't even remember at "the gay beach." I was the youngest person there by 30 years (I'm 32). The hotel was old, basic, but clean it seemed at first. As there was nothing around, I took a motorbike taxi to Boyz Town. The strippers came out, it was entertaining for a second, but they were on parade to no one but a table of old men...and old guys with their young Thais.

Luckily, a nice Thai guy on Jackd rescued me and I met their friends for a beach picnic...and got the hell back to Bangkok the next morning. Probably had something to do with the beach covered in trash, ants taking over my room and a cloudy day.

Also, I'd highly recommend Babylon. It wasn't as full of fat gross men as you read. There was a nice mix of all Asians, normal Americans and Europeans. You can literally just enjoy the pool and the bar. Most go around 3-5 PM as it closes at 10. No sloppy black out drunks. My only recommendation would be to explore every corner. I honestly didn't realize where the rest of the place was until I started opening doors in the "Garden of Earthly Delights" by the locker room.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Sunday night at Maggie Choo's for something different from the tired Soi 4 scene. Great cocktails as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.