Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Last minute for Toronto Pride

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold

I'm thinking of doing a last minute trip to Toronto for the tail end of Pride. A couple of questions:

1. What is the Novotel on the Esplanade like? I think last time I stayed at a hotel in Toronto I was at the Delta Chelsea, which is now a Langham hotel; I'm wondering if the Novotel is worth it or if I should look for something cheaper and/or closer to the village.

2. I know Northbound Leather is doing a couple of things, and I've been invited to a Spearhead barbecue and to walk with the leather contingent; anything else social happening?

Last edited by islandcub1; Jun 24, 2015 at 3:32 pm
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:30 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
If I had a choice I wouldn't stay much closer than the Eaton Chelsea to the centre of things.

Saying that the Novotel is nice (my parents often stay there when visiting) but is about a 20 minute walk to the south end of the village.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
My favorite hotel to stay at in the village is the Courtyard on Yonge. It's been a few years since I've been to pride in TO, but they used to have pride weekend packages
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, I would have chosen the Marriott, but they actually cost more than the Novotel. I'm used to the public transportation in Toronto, so the distance from the Novotel to the village doesn't bother me (except I won't be able to duck into the hotel, shower, change, and get out again).

Thanks, all!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Booked into the Novotel Friday-Monday (the last room kept disappearing and then reappearing so I managed to time it right and grab it at a discounted rate).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.