Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Atlanta or Seattle- which scene is best

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic red

Dear fellow flyers!
In September I'm planning a trip to the west coast. Now I'm an avid Virgin flyer and going to use some miles for my trip.
Im planning on flying to San Fransisco first for a few days but then was thinking of heading up to Seattle (quite near!), spend a few days there and fly back to LHR.
A friend did recommend flying back from Atlanta to which I have the option of flying Delta or Virgin!

All that aside which city is has a better scene better for the lone flyer?!!

Thanks for all your help!

B52
Old May 11, 2015, 9:13 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
What type of "scene" interests you? That would help form a response.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Seattle, hands down.

Just in terms of tourist value (regardless of sexual orientation), Seattle offers much more to see and do. Seattle is a beautiful port city surrounded by lush green mountains. Also Seattle is a very urban city, very walkable (and people do actually walk, so you see people on the streets) and with several distinct urban neighborhoods where you can get lost exploring local restaurants, cafes and shops. Lots of street life. Seattle has an alternative vibe to it and you will see it on the streets and some of the bars as well.
As far as the gay scene, it is very vibrant and happening.
Seattle is also a very WELCOMING and INCLUSIVE city, in general, and also to the gay community. IT should be no surprise, as Washington is one of the few states in the US where same-sex marriage was legalized after popular vote.

As far as Atlanta, it is just a big flat city. No street life in general and you will definitely need a car. As far as the scene, I find Atlanta to be cliquish. Mind you, Georgia is one the few states where same sex marriage is still not LEGAL and public opinion (60% in 2013) is still against it.

I think you will definitely have a better time in Seattle. And September is perfect. I don't think the weather is any better in either Sea or Atl

Disclosure: I am not originally from Seattle or WA, neither from Atlanta or GA. I spend a lot of time on both for WORK, no friendship/family/romantic attachment to any of them either.
Old May 11, 2015, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Seattle. A lot more to do and more interesting city, especially since you will be so close. I like Atlanta, but there are lot more interesting cities in the US to visit.
Old May 11, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Seattle since I think it's a better city to visit in general.

The stereotypical scene in each of those I would say is preeeeetttty different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.