Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for SE Asia - Hilton locations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, BA silver, HH D

Hi all,

I'm crowd sourcing for destination recommendations where Hilton has properties.

I currently have a holiday booked at the Conrad in Bali and then in Singapore (plans made before all the wild devaluations on UA and Hilton). I was planning to go with my partner, but we've separated recently. I'm not sure I'm totally into the idea of Bali, so I'm looking for suggestions (or a travel buddy ) Airfare already booked through Singapore, so I can get anywhere in the region.

My goals - enjoy myself a bit (via conventional entertainment like scuba, hiking, etc.) and potentially have a little fun (yes, the kind you're thinking of). I'm not really into cities. I went to Koh Samui Conrad last year and would go again in a heartbeat if I thought I'd find other gay guys... Not sure I'd be so successful based on what I observed last year.

Of the following, given my little description above, what would you recommend? And why?

Phuket
Hua Hin
Pattaya
Koh Samui
Bali (Conrad in South Kuta - this is where my current reservation is)

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by ILikeComfort
Hi all,

I'm crowd sourcing for destination recommendations where Hilton has properties.

I currently have a holiday booked at the Conrad in Bali and then in Singapore (plans made before all the wild devaluations on UA and Hilton). I was planning to go with my partner, but we've separated recently. I'm not sure I'm totally into the idea of Bali, so I'm looking for suggestions (or a travel buddy ) Airfare already booked through Singapore, so I can get anywhere in the region.

My goals - enjoy myself a bit (via conventional entertainment like scuba, hiking, etc.) and potentially have a little fun (yes, the kind you're thinking of). I'm not really into cities. I went to Koh Samui Conrad last year and would go again in a heartbeat if I thought I'd find other gay guys... Not sure I'd be so successful based on what I observed last year.

Of the following, given my little description above, what would you recommend? And why?

Phuket
Hua Hin
Pattaya
Koh Samui
Bali (Conrad in South Kuta - this is where my current reservation is)

Thanks in advance for any ideas!!
Google is your friend. You can find out info much more then anyone could provide here. Also seems a LONG way to go to get laid if that is the goal. I'd focus on the other things of the region. Happens great, but you don't have to travel for all that.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, BA silver, HH D

Ha! You're right. Tinder and grindr work just fine where I am. I'm just looking for suggestions from people who might have been - word of mouth is nicer than searching out on google, which I am also doing. Why do people on this forum always assume posters are stupid?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I'm not sure where the the Hilton is on Phuket (I stayed at the Twin Palms in Surin Beach) and then would take a taxi for hardly any baht and in less than 20 min would be around Patong beach where you could go to the Paradise complex of gay bars and what not. Even the massage boys were on Grindr there!
I liked being able to stay away from Patong but still have it close enough in the evenings when I wanted to get out.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Hilton Phuket Arcadia is in Karon, south of Patong. The drive from Karon to Patong will be quite expensive. No other public transport than the expensive taxi mafia I would recommend staying in Patong if you want to go out in Paradise complex at night. There is a Holiday Inn and a very nice/new Holiday Inn Express (the latter is reasonably priced and really good value). For other nice venues try the Nap Patong and Millennium Patong Resort. I'm sure you are going to have a great time in Patong
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you decide for Bali, you should stay in Seminyak rather than Nusa Dua/Jimbaran/Kuta. Seminyak is just north of Legian and Kuta and has a few gay bars etc. Grindr will be your friend in Bali too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.