Reload this Page >

Oktoberfest Beer Tent Tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Airport to Oktoberfest is possible & easy with public transport (S1 or S8 to Hauptbahnhof, then walk or take a one stop ride on the U4/5) takes ages though and best not done when in drunken state (which you definitely will be on the way back).
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: 2015 kettle

Thx Oliver!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Airport to Oktoberfest is possible & easy with public transport (S1 or S8 to Hauptbahnhof, then walk or take a one stop ride on the U4/5) takes ages though and best not done when in drunken state (which you definitely will be on the way back).
Good advice!

I just booked tickets to Munich/Oktoberfest 9/19-9/24 --- it was a very spontaneous booking because of cheap flights but now I'm struggling to find a hotel (which doesn't surprise me)

Worse comes to worst, I'm thinking maybe I'll just stay in the airport area and U-Banh is down - I'm thinking it'll take 45 mins each way?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Make sure you visit the Pig pen
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by UA9861
Worse comes to worst, I'm thinking maybe I'll just stay in the airport area and U-Banh is down - I'm thinking it'll take 45 mins each way?
Are you finding anything in the airport area? Yes, aprox 53-55 min travel time.

The timetable is here: http://efa.mvv-muenchen.de/mvv/XSLT_...T2?language=en
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Settled for a hotel up North closer to the airport, much more reasonable.

Will be there 19-24, if anybody has tips for Oktoberfest that already isn't on here or on the website or wants to meet up, let me know. This will be quite a new and hopefully good experience for me!

I'll also have the weekdays before the 22nd to explore Munich... any suggestions would be great, I was also eyeing the BMW Welt if I can even get a tour time.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I'm headed to Oktoberfest this year (first time).

Can anyone provide some good tips, or recommended tents to visit? I'm only there from Friday to Sunday on the first tapping weekend.

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624

Can anyone provide some good tips, or recommended tents to visit? I'm only there from Friday to Sunday on the first tapping weekend.

Thanks!

The Pig pen at the Hofbrauhaus
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Anyone have a few hotel recommendations in Munich for Oktoberfest? Going September 25-27......
Yes take a Train to Salzburg.
I Pay for a Family Room (2 Rooms) only 135€!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:05 am

Just saw that Internations has 105 seats reserved in a 'minor' tent and is selling those for 60€ each: http://www.internations.org/events/v...75?rel=mailing
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:08 am

Internations has two evenings blocked in a minor tent: http://www.internations.org/events/v...75?rel=mailing
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:53 am

Hello!

My favorite tent is the "Fischer Vroni" , it is a little bit smaler and not alwasy that full...I like it very much, I am always there in Boxe 2
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: DL SM, Amex Membership Rewards
I've gone to the Ofest at least 10 years. You NEVER need a reservation or ticket for 2 people. lol. Just go to the tent of your choice and get a seat and enjoy. Even if the tent is full somebody will make room for you eventually.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: Amex Plat UsAir Plat SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mickeydfly13
no worries--I know the prices are quite high, but I often stay in NYC...kind of looks like that.

Anyone know if it's difficult/easy to get from hotels near the airport to the Oktoberfest grounds?
Thanks
We
Are staying at the Le Meridian near the train station which is walking distance to the the grounds. We will be taking the train in from the airport, dropping off our bags and heading to the grounds. After a long flight the walk will be great! Since your first day is already kind of. Blur, we might as well lift a few!
Old Sep 7, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624

Thanks!
Same situation. First time to Oktoberfest, will be there September 30-October 2 before flying out (hungover I'm sure) early on the 3rd. I'm happy to be there during the week prior to the reunification day celebration, but will happily take any additional suggestions or tips between now and then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.