Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 hours in HAM

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

4 hours in HAM

I will have four hours to kill in HAM, on a Saturday morning. Is there any particularly good food (Hamburg style please, nothing American or Italian or airport generic) in the airport?

Also, is there any good free space to stretch out and charge devices?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There's a nice Mövenpick place to grab some decent food but the airport (one of my European favourites) isn't going to hold you attention food wise. If you are willing, you have just enough time to sneak out to a proper restaurant in town.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:19 pm

There's a comfortable bar and cafeteria-style restaurant on the upper level-- maybe the one LondonElite is referring to? It does feature some german food but nothing special. Other than that I don't remember any comfortable indoor space to relax.

The outdoor observation deck on the other hand is great if the weather is dry. Excellent views of both runways and the ramp.

Both are outside security but re-entering the secure side is quick and efficient.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
There is the S-Bahn in the airport, that takes you into the city centre within 27 minutes every 10 minutes for a return (day flat) fare of 6.20 EUR. Take the train, spend an hour at Lake Alster or the shopping streets and take the train back. As easy as this.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
There is a place called Ribbing, near the Olsdorf S-Bahn station (near the airport):

http://www.ribling.de/
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I'm a little nervous to head into town if my flight is on time or late, but if I get in early I might give it ago. That said, I land at 7.30am, so restaurants and cafes might not be open that early in Hamburg. But it might be pretty for a walk.

The observation deck is a great tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.