Search

Special offer €19 Deutsche Bahn

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Special offer €19 Deutsche Bahn

Deutsche Bahn currently sells tickets for the long distance trains in Germany for as low as €19 each way. There are tons of availability and routes are as long as hamburg to Munich. Tickets are non-rebookable and non-refundable. Check the website.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Thanks for pointing this one out.

One thing to note in the T&Cs:

Das Aktionsangebot wird Ihnen nur bei Auswahl von Fernverkehrsbahnhφfen angezeigt.
In short, to see the offer, you need to select the long-distance station your train is leaving from in order to see the offer (usually the Hbf); if you select another station in a city as a starting point, the cheaper price will not appear in the results.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Right. Because of that I wrote that this fare is only valid for the long distance train. It is a pretty good deal. I currently commute between Duisburg and Frankfurt and in addition to the fare I use a Bahncard 25 which brings the fare down to a bit more than 14 Euro
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks very much for indicating this one, saved me a packet of money. I managed to get Oberhausen to Basel and vv for EUR14.25 each way (with Bahncard 25). In Switzerland I have the AG, so I booked it only to Basel.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just completed my trip from Basel to Duisburg yesterday, for the total cost of €14.25. My itinerary included an obligatory change in Cologne onto another ICE train for the last stretch to Duisburg, but I wished I had just stayed on the original train, would probably have got away with it for this last bit. Cologne station was, yet again, like an East European chaos or, even better, Bangkok bus station, where everything happens according to some unwritten lottery. Why is it such a mess in Cologne? My connecting train just disappeared into thin air, nobody knew anything about it, even the controllers were bamboozled by it. So I just got on the first thing that left for Duisburg, reaching there only 1 hour late amazingly. It's a shame, because Basel to Cologne had been a really good trip, totally punctual (except for some problem in Freiburg Bahnhof with a Fliegerbombe, whatever that was, meaning we didn't stop there).

Last edited by Concerto; Mar 25, 2016 at 7:28 am Reason: Inexcusable German spelling!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:36 am
qpr

Originally Posted by Concerto
(except for some problem in Frieburg Bahnhof with a Fliegerbomber, whatever that was, meaning we didn't stop there).
I think you mean Fliegerbombe.

It΄s a bomb still left from WW2.

You still find ΄em everywhere in Germany from time to time.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by qpr
You still find ΄em everywhere in Germany from time to time.
Unfortunally true....
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's kind of what I thought it was. Reminds me of a time when they found one under the A3 Autobahn near Aschaffenburg. Yesterday, they ferried people to and from the nearby station of Denzlingen, just a bit to the North.

Otherwise, yesterday's trip was really good, despite the grumbles about Kφln Hauptbahnhof chaos. Can't really complain at only €14.25!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.