Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wittenberg - Castle Church - Schlosskirche

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Wittenberg - Castle Church - Schlosskirche

The men of my family are planning a trip to Germany specifically to visit the landmarks of Martin Luther during the Protestant Reformation. Castle Church in Wittenberg is one of the highlights we look forward to. But I read recently that it is undergoing a major renovation. Can anyone tell me the progress of the job and when it might be finished? We would love to travel next October, but will happily postpone the trip based on the status of Castle Church.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by DadOBoys
The men of my family are planning a trip to Germany specifically to visit the landmarks of Martin Luther during the Protestant Reformation. Castle Church in Wittenberg is one of the highlights we look forward to. But I read recently that it is undergoing a major renovation. Can anyone tell me the progress of the job and when it might be finished? We would love to travel next October, but will happily postpone the trip based on the status of Castle Church.
Is it an exterior or interior renovation? Or both? IIRC, 2017 is the 500th anniversary of the Reformation and they're planning a bunch of events there. The city's website should be www.wittenberg.de and I'm sure there has to be tourist information on it. If you don't speak German, look for a British flag on the homepage. If there is one, it will link to the English version.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:03 am
qpr

Schlosskirche is closed at the moment.

http://www.schlosskirche-wittenberg....fault&lang=eng

Thereīs no information yet when itīll be reopen.

I would contact the church to get more details.
Contact informations can be find on the website I gave you.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Google had been little help to me. Each of your suggestions gives me a place to start searching for answers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.