Wiki Posts
Search

What to do in Munich for a day?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
What to do in Munich for a day?

I will be in MUC and will stay there for a day before returning to LHR in late August.

What should I do in Munich for a day?

MORE IMPORTANTLY... WHAT SHOULD I EAT AND BUY?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

I assume you will be leaving the airport, rather than staying in MUC itself.

As to what you should do, I could say eat at Tantris and buy an IWC watch, or have a large Hefeweizen and buy some Lederhosen.

My point is, what do YOU want to do, what are your interests? You might find that you'd like to head to the mountains, for example!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite

I assume you will be leaving the airport, rather than staying in MUC itself.

As to what you should do, I could say eat at Tantris and buy an IWC watch, or have a large Hefeweizen and buy some Lederhosen.

My point is, what do YOU want to do, what are your interests? You might find that you'd like to head to the mountains, for example!
Sorry for not being specific enough!

I will be going to BMW World that day after arriving MUC. Other than that I want to visit an art gallery or a historical museum. In the evening I am planning to use €30-50 for dinner alone (light meal for lunch) then if possible I wanna watch a classical music performance or an opera.

I will be there on 26/08/2015 at noon, leaving 24 hours later...

Again I apologise for any confusions!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cysyuen
....Other than that I want to visit an art gallery or a historical museum. In the evening I am planning to use €30-50 for dinner alone (light meal for lunch) then if possible I wanna watch a classical music performance or an opera.
That is a lot different to what many do: ~12 hours in a beer hall
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
That is a lot different to what many do: ~12 hours in a beer hall
Thanks Mwenenzi but I am not a drinker...
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:14 am

For a museum, you could go to the Residenz and the Opera is basically next door. There are some decent restaurants right there, also.

http://www.residenz-muenchen.de/englisch/residenc/

https://www.staatsoper.de/index.html
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Have a look at the Alte or Neue Pinakothek. Or the Blaue Reiter exhibit at the Lenbach Haus (www.lenbachhaus.de)
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Sorry for not being specific enough!

I will be going to BMW World that day after arriving MUC. Other than that I want to visit an art gallery or a historical museum. In the evening I am planning to use €30-50 for dinner alone (light meal for lunch) then if possible I wanna watch a classical music performance or an opera.

I will be there on 26/08/2015 at noon, leaving 24 hours later...

Again I apologise for any confusions!
BMW World is right by the Olympic Village, take a stroll around there for a little while. I found it entertaining, plus if you look really hard you can see the apartment where the Israeli hostages were, there is a small memorial there.

Either that or hit the train/bus to Dachau and visit the concentration camp. This is how I spent my weekend in Munich last time I was there. Might be interesting to some (it was for me) but not for others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.