Wiki Posts
Search

FRA on a Sunday

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, MileagePlus
FRA on a Sunday

Hi all, So I have a five-hour connection at FRA on a Sunday and am wondering if there are any catholic Masses offered at the airport chapel and whether even such a chapel is available, post-Security? I'll be coming in and going out on LH. The FRA website is vague about what services are offered where and when so figured I would see if anyone on here knew. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:51 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thunderphil
Hi all, So I have a five-hour connection at FRA on a Sunday and am wondering if there are any catholic Masses offered at the airport chapel and whether even such a chapel is available, post-Security? I'll be coming in and going out on LH. The FRA website is vague about what services are offered where and when so figured I would see if anyone on here knew. Thanks in advance.
I hope this page will give you the information you are looking for. FRA is a large airport but if you are flying on LH you will be in T1 which consists of several concourses. If you tell us where you are travelling from/to it may be possible to provide more information.
http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...yer_rooms.html
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, MileagePlus
FRA on a Sunday

Thanks for the quick reply...I'd be in from IAH, out to CDG.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:02 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thunderphil
Thanks for the quick reply...I'd be in from IAH, out to CDG.
Your flight from IAH is likely to arrive at a Z gate and the flight to CDG will almost certainly depart from an A gate in the same concourse but on different levels (A gates are below Z gates). The most convenient prayer room seems to be one on level 3 B concourse on this map. I believe it's in transit (secure) area connected to A concourse with a tunnel.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I can't say this with certainty, but I doubt very much that there will be any form of mass at the airport. Depending on your timing, you could exit the airport and go to the catholic cathedrals in either Mainz or Frankfurt. A five hour layover should give you at least an hour in a church, if timings work out for you.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I can't say this with certainty, but I doubt very much that there will be any form of mass at the airport. Depending on your timing, you could exit the airport and go to the catholic cathedrals in either Mainz or Frankfurt. A five hour layover should give you at least an hour in a church, if timings work out for you.
Actually, there is a Catholic chapel which offers mass on Sundays and holidays at 9a.m.:

http://www.kath.de/flughafenseelsorge/gd.html

It is located in T1B departures area (landside)

There also is a Protestant church at FRA: http://www.seelsorge-flughafen-frankfurt.de/
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
FRA on a Sunday

Learned something new!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.