Wiki Posts
Search

Travel from frankfurt airport to Heilbronn 1st time

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Travel from frankfurt airport to Heilbronn 1st time

Hello,
I would be travelling to germany for the first time from India.
So I would like to know :
1. How to travel from frankfurt airport to Heilbronn - bus or train? Also the details for the route.
2. SIM card for calls to India and Internet plans cheap for mobile /laptop
3. Wifi hotspot
Thank you.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, IHG Plat, HH Silver, DB BahnComfort
Hello niraj,

I can't help you with the SIM card question, but here is some info about how to get from Frankfurt to Heilbronn:

Heilbronn is not served by one of the high-speed line on German Rail, so you would need to take a train from Frankfurt Airport to either Stuttgart or Mannheim, then change. If you take a high-speed connection, it will take around 2 hours; if you stay with local trains, it will take 3 hours but be cheaper.

There are a number of bus connection that go directly from Frankfurt Airport to Heilbronn in approx. 2 1/4 hours. These are probably also cheaper then the train.

Therefore, although I love train travel and usually prefer it to bus travel, I would suggest you look into a bus connection. Here is a URL that will help:

http://en.busliniensuche.de/

As you will see, you can even buy a ticket here and print it our. You will also see that tickets purchased in advance are much cheaper than paying cash on the bus. So, you might consider booking a bus around 2 hours after your arrival time: that is usually more than enough to get your baggage and clear immigration and customs. Many of the advance purchase bus tickets only cost €9 or €11, so if you do miss your bus, you haven't lost a ton of money.

Good luck!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.