Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

need a hotel convenient to the Frankfurt int airport for 11:20 AM CO departure.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need a hotel convenient to the Frankfurt int airport for 11:20 AM CO departure.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:54 am
R&R
Original Poster

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Cool need a hotel convenient to the Frankfurt int airport for 11:20 AM CO departure.

this will avoid a 2 1/2 hour train ride at 6 AM to catch that flight.

the Sheraton hotel in the airport is too expensive for the few zzzzzzzz's.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by R&R
this will avoid a 2 1/2 hour train ride at 6 AM to catch that flight.

the Sheraton hotel in the airport is too expensive for the few zzzzzzzz's.
Check the Germany forum, for example this recent thread. This thread will probably end up in that forum anyway.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
H R&R,

have a look to the NH Hotel at Frankfurt airport.

I have not stayed in this particular property but NH hotels are OK and normally have free wi-fi.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
NewbieRunner always ahead
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:28 am

I have a reservation at the Steigenberger coming up. Very reasonably priced compared to the Sheraton. Looks nice enough.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:42 am
R&R
Original Poster

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Wink Thanks for the helpful information!

Since it does not say, is the airport Steingenberger hotel the only hotel that does not serve a breakfast buffet with the room rate?

Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
When do you want to travel and what is your budget?

Park Inn Frankfurt Airport has excellent rates (starting from 59 EUR). It is possible to either walk to T2 building (if you don't have large suitcases) or take their shuttle bus. With friends and family rate, you can get room +breakfast for 70 EUR.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am not sure if it is open or not yet: Hilton is opening a property on the top of the airport railway station.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I always, well usually, stay at the Holiday Inn Morfelden, when I have a morning flight out of FRA. Prices are quite reasonable.

If you cross the street and walk down the farm road there is a camp ground with perfectly acceptable restaurant. It's a nice 20 minute walk on the night before a long flight.

I last stayed there a year ago, I believe they charge 5 Euro for the airport shuttle.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LH/LX
I am not sure if it is open or not yet: Hilton is opening a property on the top of the airport railway station.
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...ommodations.do

This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival June 1, 2012 and beyond.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
The Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn at the Squaire won't open until late this year.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LH/LX
The Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn. But they won't open until sometime in 2012. HGI is currently accepting bookings from 1st March 2012, though some people have reservations for December 2011.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Gamecock
I always, well usually, stay at the Holiday Inn Morfelden, when I have a morning flight out of FRA. Prices are quite reasonable.

If you cross the street and walk down the farm road there is a camp ground with perfectly acceptable restaurant. It's a nice 20 minute walk on the night before a long flight.

I last stayed there a year ago, I believe they charge 5 Euro for the airport shuttle.
+1
Perfectly adequate 3*hotel, prices starting at 49€ and the restaurant mentioned is actually rather good - try the Gnocci with Gorgonzola sauce - and it feels a bit like being in the country side too..
Old Jul 17, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: LH FTL..BA Blue..Hilton Gold
I have used the Steingenberger and found it very convenient. Regular shuttle service to/from FRA. I didn't get breakfast included with my room rate. There is a shop in a service station about 5mins walk from the hotel (not very glamorous I know) if you want to get some food/snacks to take back to your room.

When I stayed here I checked in and went up to my room to find it had not been made up yet. Back down to reception to get a new room and the same thing happened again!!!! I went to complain and asked for an upgraded room which I got with a sincere apology. The rooms in the new tower are far better than the standard ones so you might consider booking one of those if that is important to you.

Cheers, Lee.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: BahnCard Comfort, Bahn Bonus, Enrich Blue
Holy crap. Stay in the city, somewhere in the very centre around Hauptwache/Konstablerwache or around the central station. The S-Bahn takes you to the airport in 15 minutes. No need to bother with those so-called airport hotels out in the boonies where there is nothing to do in the evening and the air stinks of kerosene (the Sheraton is the only hotel that is actually at the airport, all others are at some distance). Those shuttles, including waiting for them, do not get you there faster than the commuter train from the city centre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.